|Traditional Region||Upper Carniola|
|Statistical region||Upper Carniola|
|Municipality||Cerklje na Gorenjskem|
|Elevation||717 m (2,352 ft)|
Stiška Vas lies on a broad terrace south of Mount Krvavec (1,853 meters or 6,079 feet) and the valley of the Reka River. In addition to the village core with the church, the settlement includes the hamlets of Hribašek to the west and Škrjančevo to the east. Šipen Hill (900 meters or 3,000 feet) rises above the village to the north.
The local church is dedicated to the Holy Cross and dates to 1751, when the old church in the center of the village was demolished and the current church was built on a small hill above the village. The church features Stations of the Cross painted by Leopold Layer (1752–1828).
Notable people that were born or lived in Stična Vas include:
- Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia Archived November 18, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- Leksikon občin kraljestev in dežel zastopanih v državnem zboru, vol. 6: Kranjsko. Vienna: C. Kr. Dvorna in Državna Tiskarna. 1906. p. 52.
- Savnik, Roman (1968). Krajevni leksikon Slovenije, vol. 1. Ljubljana: Državna založba Slovenije. p. 169.
- Cerklje municipal site Archived 2008-01-14 at the Wayback Machine
- Vatovec, Fran. "Ivan Železnikar". Slovenska biografija. Retrieved July 15, 2019.
|This article about the Municipality of Cerklje na Gorenjskem in Slovenia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|