Sticks and Stones (Tracy Lawrence album)
|Sticks and Stones|
|Studio album by Tracy Lawrence|
|Released||November 12, 1991|
|Tracy Lawrence chronology|
|Entertainment Weekly||A− |
Sticks and Stones is the debut album of American country music artist Tracy Lawrence. Released in 1991 on Atlantic Records, it produced four singles: the title track, "Today's Lonely Fool", "Runnin' Behind", and "Somebody Paints the Wall", which peaked at #1, #3, #4, and #8, respectively, on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks (now Hot Country Songs) charts between 1991 and 1993.
The track "Paris, Tennessee" was later recorded by Dennis Robbins on his 1992 album Man with a Plan and by Kenny Chesney on his 1995 album All I Need to Know. "Somebody Paints the Wall" was previously recorded by Josh Logan on his 1988 album of the same name, from which it was released as a single that year.
- "Runnin' Behind" (Mark D. Sanders, Ed Hill) – 2:54
- "Sticks and Stones" (Roger Dillon, Elbert West) – 3:32
- "Somebody Paints the Wall" (Tommy Smith, Charles Browder, Elroy Kahanek, Nelson Larkin) – 3:18
- "Dancin' to Sweet 17" (Tracy Lawrence) – 3:17
- "Today's Lonely Fool" (Kenny Beard, Stan Paul Davis) – 3:50
- "Paris, Tennessee" (Dennis Robbins, Bob DiPiero, John Scott Sherrill) – 2:24
- "Froze Over" (Lawrence, West) – 3:31
- "Between Us" (Tim Mensy, Tony Haselden) – 3:32
- "April's Fool" (Ralph Howard Jr., Wayne Davis, Bernie Faulkner, Keith Perry) – 3:52
- "I Hope Heaven Has a Honky Tonk" (Jim Carter, Sherri Stapleton) – 2:36
From Sticks and Stones liner notes.
- Bruce Bouton- steel guitar, dobro
- Mark Casstevens- acoustic guitar, harmonica
- Liana Manis- background vocals
- Brent Rowan- electric guitar
- Milton Sledge- drums on all tracks except "Between Us"
- Gary W. Smith- keyboards, piano, synthesizer
- Joe Spivey- fiddle
- James Stroud- drums on "Between Us"
- Glenn Worf- bass guitar
- Curtis Young- background vocals
- Milan Bogdan - digital editing
- Brian Hardin - mixing
- Russ Martin - recording
- Pat McMacon - recording, mixing
- Glenn Meadows - mastering
- Lynn Peterzell - recording
- Billy Sherrill - recording
- James Stroud - production
|U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums||10|
|U.S. Billboard 200||71|
|Canadian RPM Country Albums||7|