From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|• Total||c. 7,800|
Stiens is the largest town within the municipality of Leeuwarderadeel, with a population of about 7,800. The town hall of the municipality is located in Stiens.
Main article: North Friesland Railway
- Direct service to Franeker in October 1933
- Direct service to Harlingen in May 1935 and freight in January 1938
- All other passenger services ceased in July 1936, but were reopened as far as Tzummarum and Dokkum-Aalsum in May 1940.
- The passenger service to Dokkum-Aalsum closed again in December 1940 and completely in October 1942.
- The final freight service from Stiens to Leeuwarden closed in 1997.
Media related to Stiens at Wikimedia Commons
|This Friesland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|