Still Pond, Maryland
|Still Pond, Maryland|
|Elevation||75 ft (23 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||410, 443, and 667|
|GNIS feature ID||591351|
Still Pond is an unincorporated community in Kent County, Maryland, United States. Still Pond is located at the intersection of Maryland Route 292 and Maryland Route 566 on Still Pond Neck, south-southeast of Betterton and north of Chestertown. Much of the community is included in the Still Pond Historic District and it is notable as the first place in Maryland that women gained the right to vote.
- George Hepbron (1863–1946) wrote basketball's first book titled How to Play Basketball.
- "Still Pond". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Maryland Historical Trust". National Register of Historic Places: Still Pond Historic District. Maryland Historical Trust. 2010-06-05.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Map of Still Pond, from the Historical Society of Kent County collection
|This article about a location in Kent County Maryland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|