Stillwater Regional Airport
|Stillwater Regional Airport|
|Owner||City of Stillwater|
|Elevation AMSL||1,000 ft / 305 m|
Stillwater Regional Airport (IATA: SWO, ICAO: KSWO, FAA LID: SWO) is a public use city owned airport located in Payne County, Oklahoma, United States, three miles (4.8 km) northwest of the city of Stillwater. 
After World War II the airfield was one of six locations in the nation that stored surplus bombers, fighters, trainers and transports. About 475 aircraft were flown to the airport starting in 1945. In 1946 Paul Mantz bought them all, keeping 12 for use as stunt planes and camera ships, and selling the rest for scrap.
Central DC-3s landed at Stillwater starting in 1953; successor Frontier pulled out in 1975-76.
After several years with no commercial flights, American Airlines began scheduled service in August 2016. The flights are operated on behalf of American Airlines by their regional partner Envoy Air. The Stillwater flights are operated using the 50 seat Embraer-145 jet and are primarily scheduled with two daily departures to the American Airlines hub at the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. 
The airport covers 1,571 acres (636 ha) at an elevation of 1,000 feet (305 m) above sea level. It has two runways: 17/35 is 7,401 by 100 feet (2,256 x 30 m) concrete; 4/22 is 5,004 by 75 feet (1,525 x 23 m) asphalt.
For the year ending April 30, 2015, the airport had 79,819 aircraft operations, an average of 219 per day: 94% general aviation, 4% military, 2% air taxi and less than 1% commercial airline. In May 2017, there were 70 aircraft based at this airport: 64 single-engine, 5 multi-engine and 1 helicopter. 
The airport is home to the Stillwater Airport Memorial Museum.
Airlines and destinations
|American Eagle||Dallas–Fort Worth|
|1||Dallas/Fort Worth||12,380||American Eagle|
- FAA Airport Master Record for SWO ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. effective May 25, 2017.
- FAA Inspector Sees Stories in Old Planes Ponca City News, accessed 30 December 2010
-  Aerovintage.com, accessed 30 December 2010
- "American Airlines to announce direct flight from Stillwater". KFOR.com. Retrieved 2016-02-06.
-  VisitStillwater.org, accessed 13 January 2014
- Stillwater Regional Airport
- Stillwater Flight Center, the fixed-base operator (FBO)
- Stillwater Composite Squadron Civil Air Patrol, the Civil Air Patrol Unit on the airport
- (PDF), effective April 27, 2017
- FAA Terminal Procedures for SWO, effective April 27, 2017
- Resources for this airport: