Stock Township, Noble County, Ohio
|Stock Township, Noble County, Ohio|
Doshie Road in East Union
Location of Stock Township in Noble County
|• Total||24.6 sq mi (63.8 km2)|
|• Land||24.6 sq mi (63.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,001 ft (305 m)|
|• Density||15.5/sq mi (6.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086752|
Located in the eastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Marion Township - north
- Seneca Township, Monroe County - northeast corner
- Franklin Township, Monroe County - east
- Elk Township - southeast
- Jefferson Township - southwest
- Enoch Township - west
- Center Township - northwest
Name and history
Statewide, the only other Stock Township is located in Harrison County.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Noble County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.