Stockholm, New Jersey
Stockholm, New Jersey
|Named for||Stockholm, Sweden|
|Elevation||1,033 ft (315 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||0880911|
Stockholm is an unincorporated community located in the southeastern part of Hardyston Township in Sussex County, New Jersey, United States. Its ZIP Code is 07460. Like many neighboring towns, Stockholm is home to a number of lakes including Deer Trail Lakes, Lake Stockholm, Lake Gerard, Beaver Lake, Lake Tamarack and Summit Lake.
Stockholm was known in colonial times as Snufftown and was named after Stockholm, Sweden. The New Jersey Midland Railway named a station in the area "Stockholm", which replaced "Snufftown".
This climatic region is typified by large seasonal temperature differences, with warm to hot (and often humid) summers and cold (sometimes severely cold) winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Stockholm has a humid continental climate, abbreviated "Dfb" on climate maps. This climate makes it suitable for naturism and the Rock Lodge Club naturist resort is near Lake Stockholm.
People who were born in, residents of, or otherwise closely associated with Hardyston Township include:
- A. L. A. Himmelwright (1865-1936), a civil engineer, author, adventurer and marksman who was the general manager of The Roebling Construction Company.
- Christopher Sieber (born 1969), actor best known for his roles as Kevin Burke in Two of a Kind starring Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen, and Lord Farquaad in Shrek the Musical.
- DP-1: Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 from the 2010 Demographic Profile Data for ZCTA 07460 Archived 2020-02-13 at Archive.today, United States Census Bureau. Accessed May 6, 2015.
- "Stockholm". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- Locality Search, State of New Jersey. Accessed June 9, 2016.
- Sweetman, Jennie. "Jennie Sweetman: Historical marker coming to Snufftown-Stockholm", New Jersey Herald, October 1, 2011. Accessed May 6, 2015.
- Climate Summary for Stockholm, New Jersey
- About Us / Historical Timeline, Rock Lodge Club. Accessed January 14, 2018. "1910 - census indicates A.L.A. Himmelwright is living in Stockholm, NJ with his family and 3 servants."
- Staff. "Artist activists will come together to support county Democrats", New Jersey Herald, May 7, 2017. Accessed January 13, 2018. "Billeisen, who will emcee the evening, will be joined by Seth Danner and Christopher Sieber, Stockholm resident and two-time Tony nominee for Monty Python's Spamalot and Shrek The Musical, along with other contributing performers."
|This Sussex County, New Jersey state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|