Stockholm Västerås Airport
|Stockholm Västerås Airport
|Operator||Västerås Flygplats AB|
|Elevation AMSL||6 m / 21 ft|
Stockholm Västerås Airport, also known as Västerås Airport or Hässlö Flygplats (IATA: VST, ICAO: ESOW) is a minor international airport located near the city Västerås in Sweden. Despite its name, it is 110 km (70 mi) from Stockholm Municipality and Stockholm County.
The airport has extensive general aviation traffic. Of the 17737 landings in 2014, 94% constituted general aviation, according to the Swedish CAA (Transportstyrelsen). This traffic includes hospital flights, flight training, private flights, corporate flights and air taxi. A multitude of operators are based att Stockholm-Västerås Airport. Among these are maintenance workshops, helicopter businesses, flight schools, flight clubs and an aviation museum.
The airport played an important role during the 2014 Västmanland wildfire, serving as a base for water bombers and rescue helicopters.
Airlines and destinations
|Corendon Airlines||Seasonal charter: Antalya|
Seasonal: Alicante, Málaga
Travel from the airport to Stockholm Central Station may be done via Flygbussarna, private bus coach service, and takes approximately one and a half hours. There is also a local city bus to the Västerås Central Station, which has trains to Stockholm and more cities.
- F 1 Hässlö (former Swedish Air Force wing)
- Stockholm Arlanda Airport
- Stockholm Bromma Airport
- Stockholm Skavsta Airport
- List of the largest airports in the Nordic countries
- "Passagerarfrekvens" (in Swedish). Swedish Transport Agency. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 April 2011. Retrieved 28 April 2011.
- "Landningsfrekvens" (in Swedish). Swedish Transport Agency. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 April 2011. Retrieved 28 April 2011.
- "Statistics for swedish airports 2014". www.transportstyrelsen.se. Swedish CAA (Transportstyrelsen). Retrieved 9 March 2015.
Media related to Stockholm-Västerås Airport at Wikimedia Commons
- Stockholm–Västerås Airport (English)
- Airport information for ESOW at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
|This article about an airport in Sweden is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a location in Västmanland County, Sweden is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|