Stockton Township, Greene County, Indiana
|Coordinates: 39°02′20″N 87°11′03″W / 39.03889°N 87.18417°W|
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||36.67 sq mi (95.0 km2)|
|• Land||36.06 sq mi (93.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.62 sq mi (1.6 km2) 1.69%|
|Elevation||554 ft (169 m)|
|• Density||234.3/sq mi (90.5/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453876|
Stockton Township is one of fifteen townships in Greene County, Indiana, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 8,447.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.67 square miles (95.0 km2), of which 36.06 square miles (93.4 km2) (or 98.34%) is land and 0.62 square miles (1.6 km2) (or 1.69%) is water. Lakes in this township include Boy Scout Pond. The stream of Willow Slough runs through this township.
Cities and towns
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Wright Township (north)
- Smith Township (northeast)
- Grant Township (east)
- Washington Township (southeast)
- Stafford Township (south)
- Jefferson Township, Sullivan County (southwest)
- Cass Township, Sullivan County (northwest)
The township contains six cemeteries: Clayton, Fairview, German, Island City, Old Linton and Richards.
Stockton Township residents may obtain a free library card from the Linton Public Library in Linton.
- ^ a b "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Archived from the original on 2020-02-10. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- ^ "About Us". Linton Public Library. Retrieved 7 March 2018.