Stoke Fleming is a village and civil parish in the South Hams district of Devon, England. It lies on the A379 road about one and a half miles south of the town of Dartmouth, at the north end of Start Bay and within the South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
In 2001 the population of the civil parish was 1,012, compared to 708 in 1901, reducing again to 803 at the 2011 census The parish is a major part of the Skerries electoral ward. The ward's total population at the same census was 1,927.
- "Parish of Stoke Fleming". Stoke Fleming Parish Council. Retrieved 4 November 2011.
- Gover, J.E.B., Mawer, A. & Stenton, F.M (1931). "The Place-Names of Devon". English Place-Name Society. Vol viii. Part I. Cambridge University Press: 331.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- Harris, Helen (2004). A Handbook of Devon Parishes. Tiverton: Halsgrove. p. 160. ISBN 1-84114-314-6.
- Nicholas Orme, English Church Dedications: With a Survey of Cornwall and Devon (University of Exeter Press, 1996) Page 24
- Ecclesia Sancti Ermondi 1364 (PRO, C135/183 no3.
- Ecclesia Sancti Ermundi 1419 (Chanter IX f202)
- "Bidder, George Parker". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography (online ed.). Oxford University Press. doi:10.1093/ref:odnb/2360. (Subscription or UK public library membership required.)
- "Parish population 2011". Retrieved 20 February 2011.
- "Skerries ward 2011". Retrieved 20 February 2015.
Media related to Stoke Fleming at Wikimedia Commons
|This Devon location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|