|Type||Other Independent School|
|Headteacher||Mr Toby Nutt|
|Gender||Boys (2 - 11) Girls (2 - 18)|
Stonar School, founded in 1895, is a non-denominational UK independent day and boarding school, at Cottles Park, near Atworth, Wiltshire, south-west England. It takes girls aged 2–18, who can board from age eight, and boys aged 2–11 in the Prep School. The school occupies 80 acres of parkland and gardens in a location about 8 miles from Bath.
The Grade II-listed Cottles House was designed by Thomas Jelly and John Palmer (1738–1817) of Bath for Robert Hale and built in 1775–78 on the site of an earlier house belonging to the Hale family,
Stonar offers an equestrian education alongside the regular academic curriculum. Its Equestrian Centre is headed by international event rider and trainer, Darrell Scaife BHSI, UKCC, a British Eventing Accredited Coach. Facilities include indoor school, an 80 x 40m surfaced arena, 4 cross-country courses and stabling for up to 65 horses and ponies. Regular guest trainers include Mary King.
Notable former pupils
- Holly Bodimeade (born 1995), English actress
- Laura Bechtolsheimer (born 1985), 2012 Olympic gold and bronze medallist
- Romola Garai (born 1982), English actress
- Laura Ford (born 1961) Sculptor
- The Hon Charlotte Long (born 1965 - died 1984 ) English actress.
- Stonar School Official site
- Stonar School at Independent Schools Council
- Stonar School Inspection reports at Ofsted
- Stonar School, Wiltshire General information and fees at isbischools
- Stonar School at Gabbitas - Boarding Schools Guide