|Type||Other Independent School|
|Department for Education URN||126512 Tables|
|Head teacher||Dr Sally Divall|
|Age||2 to 18|
Stonar School, founded in 1895, is a non-denominational UK independent day and boarding school, at Cottles Park, near Atworth, Wiltshire, south-west England. The school occupies 80 acres of parkland and gardens in a location about 8 miles from Bath.
The Grade II-listed Cottles House was designed by Thomas Jelly and John Palmer (1738–1817) of Bath for Robert Hale and built in 1775–78 on the site of an earlier house belonging to the Hale family,
Stonar offers an equestrian education alongside the regular academic curriculum. Its Equestrian Centre is headed by international event rider and trainer, Darrell Scaife BHSI, UKCC, a British Eventing Accredited Coach. Facilities include indoor school, an 80 x 40m surfaced arena, 4 cross-country courses and stabling for up to 65 horses and ponies. Regular guest trainers include Mary King.
Notable former pupils
- Thorhilda Abbott-Watt (born 1955), diplomat
- Holly Bodimeade (born 1995), actress
- Georgie Spence (born 1988), event rider
- Georgia Hardinge (born 1984), fashion designer
- Romola Garai (born 1982), actress
- Laura Ford (born 1961), sculptor
- The Hon Charlotte Long (1965-1984), actress.