Stone (Marvel Comics)
Stone is the name of a number of fictional comic book characters appearing in books published by Marvel Comics.
Fictional character biography
Pupil of Stick
First appearing in Daredevil #187, Stone was the favored pupil of Stick, the blind former mentor of costumed crime-fighter Daredevil and Elektra Natchios. He is a member of the Chaste and is a highly trained martial artist and assists his sensei against the Hand. Like the other members of the Chaste, Stone is deeply advanced in the art of chi-manipulation. An offshoot of this is his ability to render himself invulnerable to physical harm - but only if he sees it coming.
He has appeared in Daredevil (vol 1) on various occasions; once where he is told to take Daredevil and Black Widow to safety while his comrades Shaft and Stick sacrificed themselves. Later he famously assisted Daredevil as the Hand attempted to resurrect Elektra as their agent. He managed to restore Elektra and cleanse her soul using Daredevil's love for her and a portion of his own life force. This weakened him and he was believed dead.[volume & issue needed] Later, Daredevil found him still battling the Hand, in the miniseries Daredevil: Ninja.
Stone (Styx and Stone)
First appearing in X-Men (first series) #137, Stone is a Canadian mutant, real name unknown, who was involved in Project Wideawake, and the mutant-hunting Hounds. He had the ability to transform his body into high-density stonelike material, in which form he gained superhuman strength and durability.
In the Ultimate Marvel Universe, Stone is the female sensei of Elektra Natchios, having taught Elektra since Natchios was a young girl. In a flashback in Ultimate Avengers 3, Stone is seen with a younger Stick, Shaft, and Matt Murdock under the guide of Anthony, a former vampire hunter turned martial artist.
In other media
- In the 2005 film Elektra, there is a member of the Hand called Stone (played by Bob Sapp). This version is 8 ft. tall, has superhuman strength, is impervious to Elektra's sais, and is bulletproof. Stone is among the Hand members that accompany Kirigi to target Abby Miller. Elektra kills Stone by having him break down a large tree and making sure it falls on him, crushing him.
- Stone appears in Marvel's Daredevil series on Netflix, portrayed by Jasson Finney and voiced by David Sobolov. He appears at the end of the episode "Stick" where he and Stick talk about Matt Murdock's role in the events to come. While not seen again afterwards in The Defenders, Stick mentions that he is the last of the Chaste, implying that Stone was killed sometime prior.
- Daredevil #187. Marvel Comics
- Daredevil #188-190. Marvel Comics
- Daredevil #320. Marvel Comics
- Daredevil #324. Marvel Comics
- "10 Years!". UncannyXmen.Net. 2005-02-25. Archived from the original on 2011-05-25. Retrieved 2011-02-07.
- Ultimate Avengers 3 #1-6. Marvel Comics
- Turner, Brad (director); Douglas Petrie (writer) (April 10, 2015). "Stick". Marvel's Daredevil. Season 1. Episode 7. Netflix.
- Abraham, Phil (director); Douglas Petrie & Marco Ramirez (writer) (August 18, 2017). "Royal Dragon". The Defenders. Season 1. Episode 4. Netflix.
|This article about a Marvel Comics character is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|