Stone Avenue station
Looking towards Union Station
|Location||701 West Burlington Avenue
La Grange, Illinois
|Owned by||Village of La Grange|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Passengers (2014)||1,026 (avg. weekday)|
|Rank||51 out of 236|
Stone Avenue (also known as La Grange-Stone Avenue) is a station on Metra's BNSF Railway Line in La Grange, Illinois. The station is 14.1 miles (22.7 km) from Union Station, the east end of the line. In Metra's zone-based fare system, Stone Avenue is in zone C. A staffed station building is on the south side of the three tracks.
Like the other La Grange Metra station (La Grange Road), La Grange-Stone Avenue is between West Burlington and West Hillgrove Avenues. Stone Avenue, the road for which the station is named, is actually a minor street which terminates at West Burlington Avenue in front of the station, only to begin again at a dead end street south of Bell Avenue. The closest major street to the station is Brainard Avenue. It is .4 miles (0.64 km) from the main La Grange station.
- Metra Railfan Tips - BNSF Railway Line
- Wilson, Jeff (1999). Burlington Route Across the Heartland. Kalmback Publishing Company. ISBN 0-89024-337-9.
- The Railway Age. 1901-01-01.
Media related to Stone Avenue (Metra) at Wikimedia Commons
- Image of Eastbound Train @ La Grange/Stone Avenue Station (Metra Railfans)
- Station from Brainard Avenue from Google Maps Street View
|This Illinois train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|