Stone Award for Lifetime Literary Achievement
The Stone Award for Lifetime Literary Achievement at Oregon State University honors a major American author who has created a body of critically acclaimed literary work and has been a dedicated mentor to succeeding generations of young writers. The $20,000 prize is awarded biennially and was established in 2011 by a gift from Patrick and Vicki Stone. (Stone is a financial industry executive, formerly president of Fidelity National Financial, and a 1974 graduate of OSU’s College of Liberal Arts.) The Stones endowed the prize to spotlight Oregon State’s Master of Fine Arts Program in Creative Writing. 
The first winner of the prize was Joyce Carol Oates, who accepted the award in May 2012. Tobias Wolff was announced as the second winner of the prize and received the award on May 21, 2014, in Portland, Oregon.  Rita Dove received the award in April 2016.
- "Oregon State establishes national literary prize", The Register-Guard, June 12, 2011.
- "$600,000 Gift Establishes Major Literary Prize at OSU," Oregon State University Press Release, 6/6/2011
-  "Celebrated Author Joyce Carol Oates To Receive Literary Prize from OSU," Oregon State University Press Release, 1/23/2012
- Jeff Baker, "Joyce Carol Oates will receive $20,000 prize from Oregon State University", The Oregonian, January 23, 2012.
- Jeff Baker, "Joyce Carol Oates talks about honorary degrees, her new novel, criticism and her dreams", The Oregonian, April 28, 2012.
- "Celebrated author Oates visits Corvallis", Corvallis Gazette-Times, May 9, 2012.
- "Tobias Wolff named recipient of biennial Stone Award for Lifetime Literary Achievement," Oregon State University Press Release, 10/1/2013
- "Video link to Tobias Wolff reading at Oregon State University after receiving the 2014 Stone Award for Lifetime Literary Achievement," Oregon State University, 05/22/2014
- "Poet Rita Dove named OSU's 2016 Stone Award winner," Oregon State University Press Release, 8/13/2015.
- McInally, Mike. "Rita Dove takes flight: Acclaimed poet to read in Oregon". Corvallis Gazette Times. Retrieved 2016-04-29.
- "Rita Dove to Receive the $20,000 Stone Award for Lifetime Literary Achievement". The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education. 2015-08-21. Retrieved 2016-04-29.