Cover of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Stone Ocean volume 1, featuring protagonist Jolyne Cujoh
|Written by||Hirohiko Araki|
|Magazine||Weekly Shōnen Jump|
|Original run||January 1, 2000 – April 21, 2003|
Stone Ocean (ストーンオーシャン Sutōn Ōshan?) is the sixth story arc of the Japanese manga series JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, written and illustrated by Hirohiko Araki. It was published in Weekly Shōnen Jump from 2000 to 2003 and was collected into 17 tankōbon volumes (volumes 64 to 80 of the entire series). In its original publication, it was known as JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6 Jolyne Cujoh: Stone Ocean (ジョジョの奇妙な冒険 第6部 空条徐倫 ―『石作りの海』（ストーンオーシャン） JoJo no Kimyō na Bōken Dai Roku Bu Kūjō Jorīn -"Sutōn Ōshan"-). Unlike the previous parts of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, it starts the volume count over at number one and all subsequent parts have followed this trend. It was preceded by Vento Aureo and followed by Steel Ball Run.
Set near Port St. Lucie, Florida, the story follows Jotaro Kujo's daughter, Jolyne Cujoh, who is framed for a murder and ends up in Green Dolphin Street Prison. She is given an amulet inherited from her father, which cuts her hand and unlocks her Stand ability, Stone Free, which allows her to unravel her body into living string. The string can form a humanoid Stand within two meters of her body, and can extend further as string. In the prison, she soon becomes uneasy allies with fellow convicts and Stand users Ermes Costello (user of Kiss) and Gwess (user of Goo Goo Dolls).
Her father Jotaro soon comes to visit her and informs her that a Stand user named Johngalli A, a disciple of DIO's, framed her so that he could kill her in prison, and urges escape. Jolyne's anger at her father, who has been absent for most of her life, is interrupted by a double attack by Johngalli A's Stand, Manhattan Transfer, and another mysterious Stand named Whitesnake. Whitesnake uses its power to remove Jotaro's super-powerful Stand, Star Platinum, and also his memories. Jotaro sinks into a deathlike state, and Jolyne must somehow find a way to recover Star Platinum from Whitesnake's user, the mysterious Enrico Pucci. Along the way, she picks up allies such as Emporio Alniño, a boy whose late mother gave birth to him in prison, Foo Fighters, a Stand of sentient plankton that took the form of a dead prisoner, and the convicted murderer, Narciso Anasui (user of Diver Down), who likes to take things apart and put the pieces side by side (he was imprisoned for doing the same to his girlfriend and her paramour). Most notable of her allies is the amnesiac Weather Report, who controls the weather and in one baffling instance, has the sky rain poison frogs. It is strongly implied that Jolyne may have harbored some romantic feelings for him, though no such luck for Anasui (who is madly in love with Jolyne).
Eventually, Pucci's motives for power are made clearer as the story progresses. He knew DIO sometime before the events of Part 3 occurred and idolized him as the vampire instantly cured his disfigured foot. While in DIO's company, DIO spoke of "Heaven" and how to create a "perfect world" when certain conditions were met. Before he could act on Dio's plan, Part 3 occurred. Pucci, keeping DIO to his word, became obsessed with the idea and worshiped DIO like a god. First, he needed to absorb remnants of DIO's bones as to acquire the knowledge and power that was lost to him. Second, he needed to arrive at a predestined place on the night of the new moon. Of course, being as Dio and Joestar bloodlines are connected, he too gains a star birthmark, inadvertently letting Jolyne know where he was going.
Jolyne, Ermes, and Emporio escape from prison on their hunt for Pucci while Anasui and Weather Report also escape in pursuit of Jolyne. Through a lot of hardship, she succeeds in sending both discs to the Speedwagon Foundation and the "resurrection" of Jotaro quickly goes underway. Soon, Jolyne and her allies are confronted by the illegitimate sons of DIO, each of whom has had their Stand abilities awakened thanks to Pucci obtaining DIO's abilities after reading Jotaro's memory Disc. During the confrontation with the third son, Versus, Weather's memory disc is returned to him, after which he remembers that Pucci is in fact his long-lost brother who was responsible for having Weather attacked and, unintentionally, killing their older sister in the process. As Weather unleashes his Stand's true powers as Heavy Weather on the world, Pucci faces off with him in combat. Weather Report is ultimately killed after being distracted by Jolyne's arrival, and Pucci continues on to Cape Canaveral in time for the new moon.
Jolyne and company engage in hot pursuit with Father Pucci, only to face the next evolution of Whitesnake, C-Moon, a Stand which alters the gravitational field around Pucci. Though a revived Jotaro arrives to aid his daughter and her friends in fighting, Pucci is able to achieve his goal as C-Moon evolves once more into its final form: Made in Heaven. Using Made in Heaven, Pucci is able to speed up Earth's rotation (and thus time itself), during which time he proceeds to kill Jolyne, Jotaro, Anasui, and Ermes in front of Emporio. The final effects of Made in Heaven are completed when time accelerates to the end of the universe, leading to a new cycle of time and a parallel universe in its place where all surviving humans have precognitive understanding of fated actions in their lives. Pucci, believing that such knowledge of one's fate will bring them happiness, proceeds to hunt down Emporio to ensure that the future does not change. As he is about to kill Emporio, he inadvertently helps Emporio insert Weather Report's Stand Disc, which he had been carrying since Weather's death, allowing Emporio to gain the powers of Weather Report to suffocate Pucci to death and reset time entirely.
Within the newly reset universe, Emporio meets a young woman who looks identical to Ermes that has just been kicked off of the bus for not having exact change. After this, a couple in a car needing gas money introduces themselves as Irene and Anakis, who look similar to Jolyne and Anasui, to Emporio and the other woman, offering the two a ride as they head to see Irene's father so Anakis may ask for Irene's hand in marriage. As Irene takes off her jacket to keep Emporio dry, he spots her star-shaped birthmark, and he finally introduces himself. As they drive off in the rain, Irene pushes Anakis to pick up another hitchhiker who bears a striking resemblance to Weather Report.
Green Dolphin Street Prison inmates
- Jolyne Cujoh (空条 徐倫 Kūjō Jorīn)
- Voiced by: Miyuki Sawashiro (ASB, EoH)
- The protagonist of this arc, Jolyne Cujoh is the daughter of Jotaro Kujo. Her Stand is Stone Free (ストーン・フリー Sutōn Furī), which allows her to turn her body into elastic thread. In the parallel universe created at the end of the series, Jolyne is reincarnated as Irene (アイリン Airin).
- Ermes Costello (エルメェス・コステロ Erumēsu Kosutero)
- Voiced by: Chizu Yonemoto (ASB, EoH)
- Ermes Costello first meets Jolyne when they were held in momentary captivity next to each other. Annoyed by the constant banging of Jolyne's head, due to her humiliation earlier that day, she yelled at her to pipe down. She was amazed to hear Jolyne confess her innocence to her crime and admired her honesty. On their way to J.G. Prison, Ermes warned Jolyne to get her hands on cash as bribery was the quickest way to escape "prison life." In return, Jolyne saved Ermes from a brutal beating using her newly awakened Stand. Although not cell mates, the two remain somewhat close to each other. When she was 17, her older sister allowed herself to be spotted by a homicidal car salesmen named Sports Maxx, subsequently saving Ermes from his wrath but ending her own life in the process. Enraged, Ermes purposely had herself thrown in jail, intending to track Sports Maxx down. She remained in intensive medical care after her battle with Sports Maxx and doesn't appear again until Jolyne escapes from prison. She was one of the final members in the last battle against Pucci.
- Her Stand, Kiss (キッス Kissu), is a humanoid-like Stand covered in stickers depicting a woman's lips. Releasing the stickers (seals in Japanese) will duplicate an item perfectly for as long as the sticker is on it. When the sticker falls off, the original item and the duplicate will violently smash into each other and fuse back together, leaving the original object damaged. Objects that are also able to be duplicated include body parts and people. Ermes receives this stand after Gwess gives her Jolyne's amulet that she had picked up. She discovers it during her first medical care visit in prison.
- Foo Fighters (フー・ファイターズ Fū Faitāzu)
- Voiced by: Ryōko Shiraishi (ASB)
- Pucci had a shack of Stand disks near prison grounds, a collection of different Stands that he had collected over the years while in prison. The area around the shack is generally untouched and desolate. Pucci needed a guardian for these disks, lest they fall into unwanted hands. He threw a random stand disc into the ocean, which hit plankton floating on the surface. Unexpectedly, Foo Fighters was born. Foo Fighters, or "F.F.", was told to stay there by Pucci and to kill anyone (other than him) should they come close. Having no other purpose, it did as it was told. When Jolyne and Ermes approached the shack during an outdoor activity, F.F. attacked but was soundly beaten by both of them. Parched and close to disintegrating, it lamented its meaningless life, but was spared by Jolyne, who gave it water, despite Ermes' protests. Fascinated by its savior, it showed Jolyne her father's missing stand disc in gratitude. Subsequently, F.F. inhabited the body of a dead inmate named Atroe (エートロ Ētoro) and followed both of them back to prison. Later, tricked by Pucci, F.F. leads its friends into an ambush and suffers a severe blow to its body, knocking its stand disc from its head. Dehydrated and nearing death, it was able to hear the dying Anasui's request. He gave it permission to possess his body to pluck Jotaro's memory disk from him, not caring what happened to him as long as Jolyne would be happy. F.F. did pluck Jotaro's memory disk from Anasui's body but refused to possess it. Its spirit (strangely taking on the form of Atroe's body) heals Anasui's wounds and thanks Jolyne for being her friend, glad that they met. When Jolyne decided to retrieve the disk to revive her, F.F. declines, saying that it would not be the real her, but another F.F. and disappears into the wind.
- Weather Report (ウェザー・リポート Wezā Ripōto)
- Voiced by: Tōru Ōkawa (ASB, EoH)
- First introduced as suffering from amnesia, Weather Report aides Jolyne at Emporio's request. Distant and a little naive, he continues to assist Jolyne and her companions from there after. He serves as valuable back-up for F.F., causing the sky to rain if she is too dehydrated. After Pucci absorbs DIO's bone, Weather Report mysteriously gains a Joestar birthmark. He joins Anasui - at the latter's insistence - in their search for Jolyne. Little is known about him as the story progresses until one of DIO's sons, Versus, steals his memories from Pucci's jacket. He regains his memories when Versus' Stand, Under World, returns the disc to him.
- Weather is Pucci's long lost twin brother Domenico Pucci (ドメニコ・プッチ Domeniko Putchi), stolen and replaced from his hospital bed by a woman disappointed by her own sickly child. He was therefore raised separately from his brother, living an average, somewhat poor life. While he was working part-time in a restaurant, Weather (known by his adopted name, Wes Bluemarine (ウェス・ブルーマリン Wesu Burūmarin)) stopped a thief by throwing cans at him, smashing a window and nailing the thief in the process. The woman's purse that he had saved belonged to Belladonna Pucci, Enrico Pucci's younger sister, whom he becomes romantically involved with. His happiness was short lived when Enrico Pucci hired a group of KKK-like men to attack him. Unfortunately, Belladonna was with him at the time, and the couple was savagely beaten. Unconscious and near-death, he was unable to prevent his girlfriend from committing suicide. Instead of joining her in death as he desired, he was ironically saved by the Stand-creating arrowhead that DIO had given Pucci. Bitter to his untimely savior, he first tried to commit suicide several times (some of which include shooting himself in the head, throwing himself off a cliff, drowning) only to be saved by his Stand time and time again. Vengeful, he turned to assaulting his attackers and was successful in killing the leader of the KKK group. Eventually, he tracked Pucci down as the man who had hired his demise. Before the fight had begun, Pucci ripped Weather's memory from him. Pucci, knowing that he didn't have the power to kill him, had Weather arrested for the murders he had committed (one of which he was framed for as Pearla's) and left him to rot in prison.
- With his memories returned to him, Weather renews his thirst for vengeance on Pucci. Anasui, demanding that they shift their focus on finding Jolyne, relents when he hears Weather's resolution. Weather felt that he was on his death bed and didn't want anyone else to join him. He was not afraid to face death, feeling cheated from death for the last twenty years. With the birthmarks, Weather hunts Pucci easily and the brothers finally fight. Although the fight is obviously in Weather's favor, Jolyne crashes a car nearby distracting Weather from the finishing blow. Pucci uses this chance of weakness to stab Weather through the heart with his hand. In his last moments, he is able to wrestle his Stand disc away from Pucci, a gift he left for Jolyne. His vengeance was ultimately delivered when Emporio used Weather's Stand to defeat Pucci.
- His initial Stand is called Weather Report, a versatile Stand that has control over weather. It is usually in a cloud humanoid shape and can quickly formulate these vapors to stop or distort his enemies' attacks. He can also use his Stand to bring otherwise unlikely elements of the weather to rain down on enemies. In such a case, he used poisonous frogs to protect Jolyne against Pucci. He can also instantly freeze liquids at a single touch. When Weather restores his memories, his Stand regains several abilities previously lost to it and becomes known as Heavy Weather (ヘビー・ウェザー Hebī Wezā). In addition to the abilities stated above, his Stand could alter the atmosphere and hence the projection of light, creating various rainbows to fill a vicinity. If someone were to graze into the projected light, their bodies would morph into a snail due to subliminal messages, rendering them weak to salt and practically immobile. He can also electrocute anyone who comes in contact with his body. His Stand can also fill a room completely full with oxygen, paralyzing an opponent indefinitely.
- He is seemingly reincarnated in the parallel universe created at the end of the series.
- Narciso Anasui (ナルシソ・アナスイ Narushiso Anasui)
- Voiced by: Yuichi Nakamura (ASB)
- One of Jolyne's allies and one of the main love interests for Jolyne. Obsessed with disassembling objects, Narciso Anasui grew up a bit awkward during his childhood days. He painstakingly dissected a pocket watch, his neighbor's car, and whatever else that struck his fancy. One day while returning from work, he found his girlfriend cheating on him with another man. In response, he methodically tore both of them apart. He was sent to prison and faces a twelve-year sentence for first degree murder.
- Although he was briefly seen next to Weather by Ermes, Anasui does not get involved with Jolyne until F.F. comes to Emporio for help. Seemingly entranced by the tales he has heard of her, Anasui agrees to become Jolyne's bodyguard out of his burning love for her, and even expresses his feelings in words as soon as they first see each other, leaving Jolyne not knowing how to react. Upon finding her, Anasui keeps true to his word and protects Jolyne - to the point of self-sacrificing at times. After being ambushed by Pucci, Anasui was sent back to the male division of the prison. Hearing of Jolyne's escape, he forces Weather - who possesses a Joestar birthmark as a two-way tracker - to lead him to her. The two share a shaky alliance until Weather's death at the hands of Pucci. He was found by Jolyne directly afterwards and followed her until the end.
- At the series' end, Anasui asks Jotaro to approve of marrying Jolyne. Although Jotaro initially pretends to not hear him, he later gets the picture when he sees Jolyne lean against Anasui's chest. Not ready to see his daughter married off right away, he pulls his daughter into his arms, leaving Jolyne clueless to their interactions.
- His Stand, Diver Down (ダイバー・ダウン Daibā Daun), allows Anasui to phase his body through any object. He can also use his Stand to hop into people's minds and talk to them. If needed, he can phase his Stand into someone else's body, allowing them to borrow Diver Down's limbs without being harmed. This ability also makes him a fitting bodyguard as he can lessen the blow a person is dealt by transferring the damage to himself.
- When the character is first seen in chapter 24, they are clearly female; with short hair and a slim figure.
- In the alternate universe created at the end of the series, he is Anakis (アナキス Anakisu) and is engaged to Irene.
- Gwess (グェス Gwesu)
- Voiced by: Takako Honda (EoH)
- Gwess is introduced after Jolyne arrives at Green Dolphin Street Prison as her new cellmate. She keeps a small human inside of a dead and hollowed bird with her Stand power Goo Goo Dolls (グーグー・ドールズ Gūgū Dōruzu) and shows a different side of herself after the bird's apparent refusal to say "I love you" or anything "cute", upon which she disposes of the bird. After Jolyne is shrunk by Goo Goo Dolls, Gwess plots a way to escape that features a shrunken Jolyne wearing a carcass of a hollowed out dead rat to explore the prison. Once the power weakened, Jolyne was put back to full size as Goo Goo Dolls tried to destroy her, thus awakening Jolyne's stand, Stone Free. At the height of the fight, Gwess shows a more insane part of herself as she pleads for the fight to end only to betray Jolyne by putting her "beyond the warning line" before calling a guard to get her shot while exclaiming that it was because Jolyne betrayed her trust. Once Jolyne defeats her, she stays reclusive and retains a weakened and slightly fearful demeanor slightly similar to a servant.
- Johngalli A. (ジョンガリ・A Jongari Ē)
- As a follower of Dio, Johngalli wants to take revenge on the Joestar bloodline by framing Jolyne and hoping to kill her in prison. He is an ex-soldier sentenced to 7 years in prison for murder. His Stand Manhattan Transfer (マンハッタン・トランスファー Manhattan Toransufā) enables him to redirect the direction of bullets he shoots from his gun, allowing him to shoot people from other buildings.
- Thunder McQueen (サンダー・マックイイーン Sandā Makkuiīn)
- McQueen is in prison for having shot a woman, which he claims was a freak accident when he picked up a gun to clean it and it went off at the same moment the woman fell past his window while attempting suicide by jumping from the 11th floor of his building. McQueen first appears as a janitor reaching up Ermes's skirt to steal her money. She takes his memory disc away after it comes out of his head when she tries to get her money back. Ermes finds McQueen attempting to kill himself by means of hanging and attempted drowning which puts her in the same physical situation due to the powers of his Stand Highway to Hell (ハイウェイ・トゥ・ヘル Haiwei Tu Heru), forcing her to help him. Ermes unsuccessfully tries to talk him out of suicide by speaking words of encouragement and even offering to give him her panties, which fails to make him want to live but sparks his desire to kill them both together. McQueen eventually commits suicide by electrocution just as Ermes places one of Kiss's stickers on his head, severing his head before the electricity could do any more fatal damage to her, removing his Stand disc in the process.
- Miraschon (ミラション Mirashon)
- Miraschon appears momentarily after Jolyne and Ermes encounter F.F. and makes a bet on a game of catch that they are having. The bet is to catch the ball one hundred times. Despite Jolyne's reluctance, Ermes persuades her to take part in the bet. After Jolyne wins, Miraschon makes a higher bet which entices Ermes, who takes part in the higher bet. Ermes' guilt from cheating awakens Miraschon's Stand Marilyn Manson (マリリン・マンソン Maririn Manson), that attacks her by taking her money from her breasts, a gold tooth, and her liver. Jolyne makes another bet with Miraschon for Ermes' well-being and to return everything back to her. Miraschon exposes that she has been cheating since the beginning and that she was promised her probation if she could get Jotaro's Stand disc from Jolyne. Despite going as far as to cheat to win, Miraschon was still able to come close to getting the disk from Jolyne before she has the conditions of the bet repeated to her, and then suffers several strikes from Jolyne's baseball with Stone Free's quick strikes.
- Lang Rangler (ラング・ラングラー Rangu Rangurā)
- Lang Rangler is a calculating inmate, wearing ridiculous clothing to prepare for his stand's ability to negate the gravity by suctioning to the walls like an octopus, in jail for hijacking and murder (stabbing a female professor sixty-nine times). He also demonstrates arrogance by thinking that he is stronger than Whitesnake and could take him out as well. His Stand Jumpin' Jack Flash (ジャンピン・ジャック・フラッシュ Janpin Jakku Furasshu) takes the form of a suit that allows Rangler to remove the gravitational pull on objects.
- Sports Maxx (スポーツ・マックス Supōtsu Makkusu)
- Voiced by: Kōsuke Toriumi (EoH)
- Sentenced to 5 years in prison due to tax evasion and assault, Sports Maxx is a car dealer by profession but is in fact a gang member. Ermes wants him dead for the murder of her sister. After being stalked and killed by Ermes, he uses his Stand Limp Bizkit (リンプ・ビズキット Rinpu Bizukitto) to make himself an invisible zombified version of himself before initiating combat against her. After a hard-fought fight (which featured Jolyne and critically injured F.F.), Ermes defeats Sports Maxx with Kiss. His ability of reviving dead objects enables him to revive DIO's bone after Pucci requests it.
- Kenzou (ケンゾー Kenzō)
- Voiced by: Tamotsu Nishiwaki (Dragon's Dream, ASB)
- An elderly inmate who, in his youth, was the leader of a very popular cult that included Hollywood stars and other famous people. At one point, he and the thirty four members of his cult burned themselves alive; however, only Kenzou himself would survive, curled in a fetal position and encircled by the charred corpses of his followers. He subsequently received a total 280 year-sentence in prison for this crime, and endeavored to climb back up to the upper echelons of society where he could relive his former glory. Kenzou seems to be a private assassin who was sent to Green Dolphin Street Prison maximum-security facilities where he was hired along with D an G to assassinate Jolyne and the gang. His favorite technique involves him drowning a person while on land. He fights against F.F. and while his attacks are deadly to humans, F.F.'s unique biological structure makes the fight difficult for him. His Stand Dragon's Dream (ドラゴンズ・ドリーム（龍の夢） Doragonzu Dorīmu) has a will of its own and can manipulate feng shui, though it is also neutral in all situations, helping whoever is at a disadvantage in order to ensure balance is maintained.
- D an G (DアンG Dī An Jī)
- In the past, D an G was a police officer who believed in Nostradamus' prophecy of the end coming in the year 2000. Because of this, he went around shooting several people at the start of the new millennium. Once the panic died down he was quickly arrested and placed in Green Dolphin Prison for 20 years. D an G is one of the four stand users assigned to kill Jolyne in the maximum-security facilities along with Kenzou. His Stand Yo-Yo Ma (ヨーヨーマッ Yōyōma) is automatic, attacks with acidic saliva, and is only stopped when D an G is killed by F.F.
- Guccio (グッチョ Gutcho)
- While DIO had believed Pucci's Whitesnake to be superior by its stealing capabilities, he wondered if Pucci would betray him. The priest eventually confirms his loyalty, so Dio tells him the tale of a mountain lodger's Stand and how it drove men near him into furious rage, causing him to live out his days in isolation. Pucci would later embed this stand into Guccio in order to carry out his plans, since he needed the blood of sinners to continue his plans. Guccio's prison card reveals that he received a 5 year-sentence at some point for sexual assault and theft. Introduced as a cowardly figure in the high security ward, Guccio starts out begging for Anasui, Jolyne and F.F. to help him leave after all the other prisoners are drowned and turned to plants. His Stand Survivor (サバイバー Sabaibā) stimulates people's limbic systems when its user is angry and if two people affected by Survivor meet, they will fight to the death, making it extremely effective for assassinations or creating distractions.
- Enrico Pucci (エンリコ・プッチ Enriko Putchi)
- Voiced by: Jōji Nakata (2015 Ultra Jump TVCM, EoH), Yasunori Masutani (Whitesnake, EoH), Shō Hayami (ASB), Takuya Kirimoto (Whitesnake and C-Moon, ASB)
- Enrico Pucci is the main antagonist of Stone Ocean. He seeks to use his Stands Whitesnake (ホワイトスネイク Howaitosuneiku), capable of stealing other people's spirits and memories, even Stands, in the form of compact disks that can be freely inserted into other people and things; C-Moon (シー・ムーン（C-MOON） Shī Mūn), capable of negating gravity to keep things away from Pucci; and Made in Heaven (メイド・イン・ヘブン Meido in Hebun), capable of accelerating time to such a degree that the universe resets itself, all to put the world into an infinite loop of events where everyone knows their destiny and where the Joestar bloodline was never created, which he believes to be Heaven. He is ultimately killed by Emporio, who uses Weather Report to blind and cripple him before crushing his skull. His death causes a whiplash that destroys his "heaven" and creates a new world where Enrico himself has been erased from history. Made in Heaven was previously named "Stairway to Heaven" (ステアウェイ・トゥ・ヘブン（天国への階段） Suteawei Tu Hebun) in the serialization, but was later changed in the tankōbon volumes.
- Emporio Alniño (エンポリオ・アルニーニョ Enporio Arunīnyo)
- Voiced by: Junko Kitanishi (ASB, EoH)
- Emporio Alniño was born to a unnamed prisoner in Green Dolphin Street Prison and since then has lived there in secret with the help of his Stand Burning Down the House (バーニング・ダウン・ザ・ハウス Bāningu Daun Za Hausu), which manifests in the form of a "ghost room". Pucci is originally unaware of Emporio's existence, which gives the heroes a momentary edge. While in Green Dolphin Street Prison, he serves as a meaningful and useful ally to Jolyne and Ermes as well as introducing the two to Anasui and Weather (who reside primarily in the Ghost Room), providing them all with information about the personnel, the enemies they fight, and even the prison itself. After Jolyne, Ermes, Weather, and Anasui escape, Emporio follows to help Jolyne (flying a helicopter that Romeo gave Jolyne before Rikiel's attack) before being given Jotaro Kujo's memory disc, which later causes him to pursue Versus when Weather recovers his memories and activates Heavy Weather. Later, he becomes trusted with Weather's Stand disc. After Pucci resets the universe and Emporio becomes the only living member of the group, he finds himself in a universe created to Pucci's specifications and is subsequently dogged by Pucci as the last remaining enemy to his perfect world. Emporio runs to his ghost room and tricks Pucci into inserting Weather's stand disc into his head. Weather Report subsequently fills the room with concentrated oxygen and effectively disables Pucci. Emporio ignores Pucci's last angry pleas to spare him and uses Weather Report to kill the priest with a barrage of punches, after which the universe resets again. In this alternate timeline, Emporio finds himself right outside Green Dolphin Street and witnesses an alternate Ermes being kicked from the bus for attempting to pay with a $50 bill. Nearby, Anakis, the alternate Anasui, invites Ermes to ride in their car in exchange for the money she can use to pay for gas. Ultimately, Emporio decides to join after meeting Irene, the alternate Jolyne, who invites the two to ride and also possesses a Joestar birthmark, indicating that the Joestar family continues to live on. Later, the group pick up a hitchhiker shown to be an alternate Weather.
- Vivano Westwood (ヴィヴァーノ・ウエストウッド Vivāno Uesutouddo)
- Voiced by: Takaya Hashi (EoH)
- A guard that has worked in the Green Dolphin Street Prison as a guard for three years, after working in a Miami customs house prior. He is introduced after Jolyne's confinement to the punishment ward before engaging in a group fight under the influence of Survivor. His Stand Planet Waves (プラネット・ウェイブス Puranetto Weibusu) will attract meteoroids to his location, although they will not strike him. Planet Waves' original name was Earth, Wind & Fire (アース・ウィンド・アンド・ファイヤー Āsu Windo Ando Faiyā), however a power with this name was previously featured in Diamond Is Unbreakable.
- Miuccia Miuller (ミュッチャー・ミューラー Myutchā Myūrā)
- Voiced by: Akeno Watanabe (EoH)
- Introduced in a way that she appears to be an inmate, Miu Miu (ミューミュー Myū Myū) is the head guard in charge of Green Dolphin Street Prison sent out to make sure Jolyne does not meddle with Pucci's affairs anymore. Her Stand Jail House Lock (ジェイル・ハウス・ロック（JAIL HOUSE LOCK） Jeiru Hausu Rokku), which limits people to only three things in their short term memory, causes trouble not only for Jolyne, but also for Emporio, who attempts to contact Jolyne about her true identity as the head guard and is shocked by an outlet several times due to his forgetfulness induced by her Stand's effect. When Jolyne finally remembers to find Emporio, she manages to make Miu Miu out to be her enemy. Unfortunately, Miu Miu sends the guards after her, taking care to send them in squads of more than three to make it more difficult for them to counter her attacks, but she uses their reflection in puddles of water to counter the Stand's effects. Right as she is about to get the upper-hand, however, Jolyne defeats her with a series of punches, uses her as a hostage and as a means for them to escape the prison, and escapes with Emporio and Ermes.
- Loccobarocco (ロッコバロッコ Rokkobarokko)
- The warden of Green Dolphin Street Prison. He uses an alligator puppet to communicate in tandem with people. When Jolyne first arrives in Stone Ocean, Loccobarocco explains the rules of the prison to her and the other inmates.
- Jotaro Kujo (空条 承太郎 Kūjō Jōtarō)
- Protagonist of the Stardust Crusaders arc and the father of Jolyne. In this story arc, Jotaro is an oceanographer, having moved to the United States, eventually married, and his daughter Jolyne inherits Stand powers. But she also inherits the tradition of adventures that Jotaro tends to get entangled in. She also adopts an outfit style similar to his at one point due to her fascination and respect for her father.
- He comes to Green Dolphin to help his daughter escape when it is revealed Johngalli A, a disciple of Dio, is responsible for framing Jolyne and having her sentenced to prison. However, Jolyne is furious towards him for showing up, due to him being absent for most of her childhood. Their meeting is then interrupted by the attack of Johngalli's Stand, Manhattan Transfer, and the mysterious Stand called Whitesnake. Unfortunately, despite Jotaro's best efforts to protect Jolyne while fending off the two Stands, he succumbs to Whitesnake once it uses its power to remove his Stand along with his memories. This results in Jotaro being in a death-like state and his body no longer functioning. Before this happens, however, he calls a submarine from the Speedwagon Foundation so Jolyne can still escape. But instead Jolyne uses the submarine to transport Jotaro's body to the Speedwagon Foundation while she stays behind in the prison in hopes she will recover her father's Stand and memory disc from Whitesnake. Jotaro is absent for the majority of Part 6 from this point on, as he is in the custody of the Speedwagon Foundation until Jolyne retrieves his Stand and memory disc from Enrico Pucci, Whitesnake's user. Once he is finally "resurrected," he reappears and assists Jolyne in the final assault against Pucci.
- Jotaro's Stand is Star Platinum, one of the strongest Stands in the JoJo universe. Star Platinum possesses superhuman senses, strength, stamina, accuracy and speed. It can see for great distances and at great magnifications. As an added bonus, it can extend its finger to attack and can also stop time, but its duration is only about five seconds. Unfortunately, like other physically powerful Stands, Star Platinum suffers from a narrow range of activity. It can only be active within a 2-3 meter radius from Jotaro.
- Romeo Jisso (ロメオ･ジッソ Romeo Jisso)
- A cowardly rich kid who is Jolyne's boyfriend. Unfortunately, their relationship ends when Jolyne discovered that Romeo had left her in prison for a murder she did not commit. After she escapes from prison, Jolyne pays him a visit and he weeps for forgiveness. She hushes him, asks for cash and a car, and, after warning him to not betray her again, leaves him. Ermes holds a duplicate of his tongue which transmitted whatever he said aloud and also serves as a quick silencer should he chose to report them. Romeo gets a call from the police moments later but he misleads them, saying that Jolyne was headed for Mexico (when she is hunting Pucci). Though touched by his surprising loyalty, Jolyne still removes the sticker to rip his tongue apart.
- The Green Baby (緑色の赤ちゃん Midori-iro no Aka-chan)
- A strange creature, the Green Baby was born from DIO's Bone after Sports Maxx's Stand was used on it. At first, it infects others via bone contact; those infected seek out the sun and slowly germinate into a plant-like hybrid, thirty eight people in total were infected. The bone can only move by sheer force of will, controlling plants to ride on its host's back seeking to infect others. It was during this time that the gang: composed of Jolyne, Anasui, and F.F., come across the bone. When Jolyne foolishly tries to stop the bone carrier, a random infected person, she herself becomes infected due to the nature of her Stand being a part of her. It is not until much later, when she exhibited signs of being infected, that Anasui determines that this flower will only bloom from sunlight. Only the infected Jolyne sets out to recover the shell in which the Green Baby was encased. However, soon after D an G's stand Yoyoma eats the shell that held the Green Baby, forcing Anasui and Jolyne to join F.F. when she started to kill D an G. After D an G dies, the Green Baby is born, stopping the spread of Jolyne's plant infection. They meet with the Green Baby and are forced to face it; unable to get close due to its Stand Green, Green Grass of Home (グリーン・グリーン・グラス・オブ・ホーム Gurīn Gurīn Gurasu Obu Hōmu) which makes people weaker and physically smaller the closer they approach it, akin to Zeno's paradoxes on halves. Jolyne tries to jump to get to it but is attacked by its Stand which attempts to drag her closer to the Green Baby to drag her to an infinitesimal size, effectively wiping her from reality. After a carefully thought out plan, they are able to trap the Stand and force the baby to stop attacking. However, the child rolls the bottle while they are still microscopic and the group is nearly crushed. It is at that moment that the child sees Jolyne's birth-mark and stops its attacks. Later, an enraged Pucci attacks them and severely wounds them before escaping with the child.
- The antagonist of Phantom Blood and Stardust Crusaders appears in Stone Ocean as the villain that instigated the plot of part 6 and in flashbacks. He desired to reach "Heaven" (and thus physical godhood) through a complex ritual so that no one could ever look down on him again.
Three of Dio Brando's sons who were drawn to Florida by Pucci's powers. Pucci granted them stands and told them of their destiny as Dio's sons.Giorno Giovanna, Dio's oldest son, was mysteriously absent from the events of Part 6, but was hinted to have been in Florida at the same time as his half-brothers and may have survived the two universe resets thanks to his Stand.
- Ungalo (ウンガロ Ungaro)
- Prior to going to Florida (drawn by Pucci's "gravitational force"), Ungalo was a drug addict who lived a life of despair, not yet aware of his Stand ability. Ungalo is first introduced holding a pair of scissors to Pucci's neck. Pucci, however, calmly explains that there is a certain "gravitational force" that attracts certain people together. In response to this, Ungalo impales Pucci through the throat, but Pucci somehow stays alive, going on to explain that Ungalo missed a vital nerve by a millimeter. Pucci then suggests that Ungalo use his energy for wiser things than drugs. At this moment the police officers shoot at him and he is miraculously dragged away by the stick figure in a nearby "Do Not Walk" sign. For the remainder of the fight Ungalo was unseen, as he activated Bohemian Rhapsody (ボヘミアン・ラプソディー（自由人の狂想曲） Bohemian Rapusodī) to bring twisted versions of fictional characters to life, where they run amok in the world and attack people who recognize the story they come from. This Stand is ultimately defeated when Weather Report creates a fictional character who had the power to seal other fictional characters back in their respective works, which Bohemian Rhapsody was forced to bring into existence per its own rules. Unaware that his Stand's power was undone, Ungalo travels in a plane, drinking wine and thinking about how everything had changed for him. However, he is distracted by a cheerful girl reading from a Peter Pan book, and realizes that his Stand has been defeated. Ungalo subsequently loses his will to live upon realizing that he will be reverting to his hopeless life.
- Rikiel (リキエル Rikieru)
- Voiced by: Takashi Kondō (EoH)
- Prior to meeting Pucci and obtaining a stand, Rikiel suffered from what seemed to be constant panic attacks: his eyelids constantly fell (which terrified him as he would always fear he was going blind) and his knees went bad. He would attempt to take exams in school, only to suffer from his conditions, and would stop attending school because of them. These conditions were so severe that he was not even able to drive a car, and this dramatically decreased his self-confidence. Upon meeting Pucci and obtaining his Stand Sky High (スカイ・ハイ Sukai Hai), which controls skyfish, Rikiel instantly becomes more confident, going as far as to present himself to the heroes believing he could easily defeat them. Though new to his abilities, Rikiel demonstrates fine use of his powers, weakening Jolyne's body enough that he can fight her easily, and enough anatomical knowledge that he is able to manipulate Jolyne, Ermes, and Emporio's conditions to deal various biological setbacks to them. It is when Jolyne set herself on fire to counter the effect of Rikiel's stand that he begins to lose confidence, forcing Rikiel to set himself ablaze as well. Jolyne, comes out on top, dealing a massive blow to Rikiel and crippling and insuring his death. Mortally wounded, Rikiel uses his own Stand on himself, removing his sense of pain and holding onto Jolyne to force his Stand into a last-ditch effort to kill her. However, she allowes this and continues her attack, coincidentally using his hand to block his ability to sap her heat. Defeated, Rikiel reflects on his past and the coincidence that was able to characterize his defeat and Pucci's power, and reveals that Weather Report is Pucci's younger twin brother. Just as he reveals this, however, he is finally silenced by Ermes.
- Donatello Versus (ドナテロ・ヴェルサス Donatero Verusasu)
- Voiced by: Eiji Miyashita (ASB)
- Donatello Versus was raised by his mother and stepfather, a man who "did nothing but tell long stories of his womanizing ways," who his mother married at an unknown point in Versus' life. After running away from home at age 13, a pair of baseball shoes fell from the sky onto his head. He put them on, but was soon arrested and taken to court, where he learned the shoes belonged to Seattle Mariners outfielder Ichiro Suzuki, intended to be given to disabled children as a gift (This of course is a reference to Stanley Yelnats story from Holes). Upon telling the truth that the shoes fell from the sky, the judge flew into a rage, disgusted by the fact that a 13-year-old boy would stoop so low as to steal from children less fortunate than himself. Versus was quickly deemed guilty on circumstantial evidence of stealing the shoes and was sent to a juvenile detention facility for six months, Versus' mother and stepfather not objecting to his incarceration. However, four months after Versus' arrest, the true criminal confessed. The criminal was a professional burglar, who, after stealing the shoes, was afraid that he would be caught because the shoes were so famous, and dropped the shoes down a ventilation shaft on top of a building to get rid of them. By the time word reached the facility he was being held in that he had been wrongly condemned, Versus had already been physically and emotionally drained, and he was almost too weak to even move because of a string of strange events that had occurred over the course of his incarceration. For instance, Versus tripped while walking in the field of the facility and his hand was impaled by a knife that had been buried there some time before. Versus would find out the next day that the knife belonged to a corrupt guard who had been hiding it, presumably to threaten other inmates. As a result of this, the guard bullied and beat Versus regularly. His hand wound was finally treated two weeks after the fact, but worms and pus still infested the wound. Possibly as a result of this, Versus fell into a fever and nearly died. Another occurrence was that Versus urinated on a decrepit wall that crumbled and revealed the skeleton of a long-dead woman. However, during the events of Stone Ocean, Pucci took Versus and two of DIO's other sons, his half-brothers Ungalo and Rikiel, under his wing and helped them develop their Stand powers. Secretly, Versus was plotting against Pucci and his brothers, as he believes that as the son most like Dio, it was his birthright to achieve the "Heaven" that his father spoke of. Versus' final moments would come when Jolyne attacks Pucci with her stand while Whitesnake activates its illusory powers. However, Jolyne realizes that she attacked Versus instead of Pucci, after which she ignores him and examines a deceased Weather. His Stand Under World (アンダー・ワールド Andā Wārudo), traps people in memories and forces them to relive them.
The first chapter title of each pair is the title that is used in the volumization of Stone Ocean. The second title is the title used in the original serialization in Weekly Shōnen Jump.
|No.||Title||Japanese release date||Japanese ISBN|
|1 (64)||Prisoner FE40536: Jolyne Cujoh
Shūjin Bangō FE40536 Kūjō Jorīn (囚人番号FE40536空条徐倫)
|May 1, 2000||ISBN 978-4-08-872866-7|
|2 (65)||Visitor to Green Dolphin Street Prison
Gurīn Dorufin Sutorīto Keimusho no Menkainin (グリーン・ドルフィン・ストリート刑務所の面会人)
|August 4, 2000||ISBN 978-4-08-872899-5|
|3 (66)||Prisoner of Love
Purizunā Obu Ravu (プリズナー・オブ・ラヴ)
|October 4, 2000||ISBN 978-4-08-873027-1|
|4 (67)||Go! Foo Fighters
Iku zo! Fū Faitāzu (行くぞ!フー・ファイターズ)
|December 4, 2000||ISBN 978-4-08-873051-6|
|5 (68)||Operation Savage Garden (Head for the Courtyard!)
Saveji Gāden Sakusen (Nakaniwa e Mukae!) (サヴェジ・ガーデン作戦 (中庭へ向かえ!))
|February 2, 2001||ISBN 978-4-08-873077-6|
|6 (69)||Flash Flood Warning
Shūchū Gōu Keihō Hatsurei (集中豪雨警報発令)
|April 4, 2001||ISBN 978-4-08-873103-2|
|7 (70)||Ultra Security Solitary
Urutora Sekyuriti Chōbatsubō (ウルトラセキュリティ懲罰房)
|June 4, 2001||ISBN 978-4-08-873126-1|
|8 (71)||Enter the Dragon's Dream!
Moe yo Doragonzu Dorīmu (燃えよ竜の夢（ドラゴンズ・ドリーム）)
|September 4, 2001||ISBN 978-4-08-873160-5|
|9 (72)||Green Birth
Midoriiro no Tanjō (緑色の誕生)
|November 2, 2001||ISBN 978-4-08-873183-4|
|February 4, 2002||ISBN 978-4-08-873225-1|
|11 (74)||Head Out! Paradise Time
Mukae! Tengoku no Toki (迎え! 天国の時)
|April 4, 2002||ISBN 978-4-08-873250-3|
|12 (75)||For Escape...
Datsugoku e... (脱獄へ…)
|July 4, 2002||ISBN 978-4-08-873284-8|
|13 (76)||Sky High Soars High!
Sora Takaku Sukai Hai (空高くスカイ・ハイ!)
|September 4, 2002||ISBN 978-4-08-873315-9|
|14 (77)||Paradise Time: Three Days to the New Moon
Tengoku no Toki Shingetsu made Ato Mikka (天国の時 新月まであと3日)
|December 4, 2002||ISBN 978-4-08-873346-3|
|15 (78)||Heavy Weather
Hebī Wezā (ヘビー・ウェザー)
|February 4, 2003||ISBN 978-4-08-873383-8|
|16 (79)||In Cape Canaveral
Kēpu Kanaberaru nite (ケープ・カナベラルにて)
|April 4, 2003||ISBN 978-4-08-873410-1|
|17 (80)||Made in Heaven
Meido In Hebun (メイド・イン・ヘブン)
|July 4, 2003||ISBN 978-4-08-873483-5|
- "週刊少年ジャンプ ジョジョの奇妙な冒険 Part6 ストーンオーシャン(荒木飛呂彦)". Media Arts Database (in Japanese). Agency for Cultural Affairs. Retrieved July 16, 2016.
- jojo_bng (20 Sep 2015). "【ジョジョEoH】タワーレコード コラボ第１弾！渋谷店・CAFE表参道店での期間限定予約購入者特典に第６部プッチ用ホワイトスネイク勝利セリフ！予約期間は11/1まで！jojogame.bngames.net #jojoEoH" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "Stone Ocean Volume 01". Shueisha. Retrieved May 25, 2009.
- "Stone Ocean Volume 02". Shueisha. Retrieved May 25, 2009.
- "Stone Ocean Volume 03". Shueisha. Retrieved May 25, 2009.
- "Stone Ocean Volume 04". Shueisha. Retrieved May 25, 2009.
- "Stone Ocean Volume 05". Shueisha. Retrieved May 25, 2009.
- "Stone Ocean Volume 06". Shueisha. Retrieved May 25, 2009.
- "Stone Ocean Volume 07". Shueisha. Retrieved May 25, 2009.
- "Stone Ocean Volume 08". Shueisha. Retrieved May 25, 2009.
- "Stone Ocean Volume 09". Shueisha. Retrieved May 25, 2009.
- "Stone Ocean Volume 10". Shueisha. Retrieved May 25, 2009.
- "Stone Ocean Volume 11". Shueisha. Retrieved May 25, 2009.
- "Stone Ocean Volume 12". Shueisha. Retrieved May 25, 2009.
- "Stone Ocean Volume 13". Shueisha. Retrieved May 25, 2009.
- "Stone Ocean Volume 14". Shueisha. Retrieved May 25, 2009.
- "Stone Ocean Volume 15". Shueisha. Retrieved May 25, 2009.
- "Stone Ocean Volume 16". Shueisha. Retrieved May 25, 2009.
- "Stone Ocean Volume 17". Shueisha. Retrieved May 25, 2009.