Stonelick State Park
|Stonelick State Park|
|Ohio State Park|
|Elevation||873 ft (266 m) |
|Area||1,058 acres (428 ha)|
|Management||Ohio Department of Natural Resources|
|Website: Stonelick State Park|
Area and location
The park is 1,058 acres (4.28 km2) of land and 200 acres (0.81 km2) of water.
The park is located off Ohio SR 727 in Wayne Township.
Since the park's inception, there was a wastewater leak that damaged the ecology of the lake. The lake was dredged in the early-mid 1990s to restore the contamination levels of the lake to those that are safe for wildlife and swimming.
Activities and attractions
- Boating (electric motors only)
- Camping (electric and amenities are available on the south side of the lake, a primitive camping area is on the north side of the lake)
- "Stonelick Lake State Park". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Stonelick State Park". Ohio Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved November 19, 2017.
- "Stonelick State Park: History". Ohio Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved November 19, 2017.
- "Stonelick Lake". Ohio Department of Natural Resources Division of Wildlife. Retrieved November 19, 2017.
- Ingram, Timothy I. (April 1, 1993). "A preliminary investigation into the bacteriological water quality problems of Stonelick Lake State Park, Ohio". Journal of Environmental Health.
- "Stonelick State Park: Activities". Ohio Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved November 19, 2017.
- Stonelick State Park Ohio Department of Natural Resources
- Stonelick State Park Map Ohio Department of Natural Resources
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Stonelick State Park.|
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Ohio State Parks |
Stonelick State Park.
|This Clermont County, Ohio state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a protected area in Ohio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|