Stones Corner, Queensland
Stones Corner sign, corner Logan Road and Montague Road, 2015
|LGA(s)||City of Brisbane|
The area was originally known as Burnett's swamp, being low-lying land around the flood-prone Norman Creek. The triangle of land (the "corner") at the south-east of the junction of Logan Road and Old Cleveland Road was purchased by James Stone in 1875. He tried to get a licence to operate a hotel at the location but was unsuccessful so he brewed and sold ginger beer instead. The area took the name Stone's Corner as a result and later became a suburb with that name.
The Australian Institute of Applied Sciences has its Brisbane campus at 28 Old Cleveland Road.
- "Stones Corner - suburb in City of Brisbane (entry 50122)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 24 December 2017.
- "Queensland Globe". State of Queensland. Retrieved 9 November 2018.
- "Local History - Stones Corner". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. 6 May 2009. Archived from the original on 9 January 2015. Retrieved 15 December 2014.
- Pixley, Norman S. (Norman Stewart), d. 1988; Gill, J. C. H. (James Connal Howard); Isbel, C. E; Luttrell, G; Stephens, S. D (1972-01-01), Memory's door is opened : night of reminiscence, Royal Historical Society of Queensland, retrieved 15 August 2018CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- "Stones Corner Hotel". Stones Corner Hotel. Archived from the original on 15 December 2014. Retrieved 15 December 2014.
- "Stones Corner". State Library of Queensland. 6 May 2009. Archived from the original on 15 December 2014. Retrieved 15 December 2014.
- "Stones Corner community wins battle to return as a suburb". South-East Advertiser. 31 October 2017. Retrieved 24 December 2017.
- "Library opening hours and locations". Brisbane City Council. 3 January 2018. Archived from the original on 30 January 2018. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Public Libraries Statistical Bulletin 2016-17" (PDF). Public Libraries Connect. State Library of Queensland. November 2017. p. 11. Archived (PDF) from the original on 30 January 2018. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Brisbane Campus - Studying at AIAS - Australian Institute of Applied Sciences". Australian Institute of Applied Sciences. Retrieved 6 March 2018.
- "Stones Corner Air Raid Shelter (entry 602485)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 6 July 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Stones Corner, Queensland.|
- "Stones Corner". Queensland Places. Centre for the Government of Queensland, University of Queensland.