Stood Up (song)
|Single by Ricky Nelson|
|B-side||"Waitin' in School"|
|Released||December 9, 1957|
|Genre||Rock and roll|
|Songwriter(s)||Dub Dickerson, Erma Herrold|
|Ricky Nelson singles chronology|
"Stood Up" is a song written by Dub Dickerson and Erma Herrold and performed by Ricky Nelson. The song reached #2 on the Billboard Hot 100, #4 on the R&B chart, #8 on the country chart, and #27 on the UK Singles Chart in 1957. James Burton and Joe Maphis played guitar on the song, with Joe Maphis doing the guitar solo.
- Willie Nile released a version on his 1997 album, Live in Central Park.
- Cliff Richard released a version on his 2013 album, The Fabulous Rock 'n' Roll Songbook.
- Ricky Nelson, "Stood Up" Chart Positions Retrieved March 28, 2014
- Ricky Nelson Sessionology Retrieved March 28, 2014
- "Billboard Top 100 Songs of 1958 - Year End Charts". Retrieved 2014-03-22.
- Willie Nile, Live in Central Park Retrieved March 28, 2014
- Cliff Richard, The Fabulous Rock 'n' Roll Songbook Retrieved March 28, 2014
|This 1950s single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|