Stop Drop and Roll!!!
|Stop, Drop and Roll!!!|
|Studio album by Foxboro Hot Tubs|
|Released||April 22, 2008
May 20, 2008 (CD)
June 10, 2008 (vinyl)
|Recorded||December 2007 at Jingletown Studios in Oakland, California|
|Genre||Garage rock, rock and roll|
|Label||Jingle Town, Warner Music|
|Singles from Stop, Drop & Roll!!!|
Stop, Drop and Roll!!! is the debut studio album by the American rock band the Foxboro Hot Tubs. The full album was first available for digital download on April 22, 2008, and was released on CD on May 20, 2008. The title track "Stop, Drop and Roll" was featured in the 2010 American comedy film Get Him to the Greek, although it was not on the soundtrack album.
Background and recording
The album was recorded while Green Day were writing their eighth studio album 21st Century Breakdown; they ended up recording this album as they "love to play music and be spontaneous, and after a few late night jams and a few too many bottles of wine, we were inspired to record some rockin' eight-track recordings". The album was initially available as a free download on the band's website as a 6 track EP. These tracks would later go on to be on the full album release (with the exception of the track "Highway 1", which was replaced by new track "Broadway"). On the free download, all the songs had samples from 1960s and 1970s films at the start; however, these were removed for the final release.
Cover art and packaging
The original album art shown on the band's official website in December 2007 was updated for its full release in 2008 and had replaced the track "Highway 1" on the front cover with "Mother Mary" (the first single which also turned into a surprise radio hit).
The physical album release comes with the CD in a cardboard sleeve reminiscent of vinyl records, with the CD face resembling a vinyl record. The album is also referred to as having a "Side A" and "Side B" like vinyl-era albums. The vinyl edition came with a free CD of the album.
The CD also came with a warning on "side A" that said "Warning: Do Not Play Side B."
All tracks written by Foxboro Hot Tubs.
|1.||"Stop, Drop and Roll"||2:25|
|6.||"She's a Saint, Not a Celebrity"||2:26|
|4.||"27th Ave. Shuffle"||2:50|
|5.||"Dark Side of Night"||2:57|
|6.||"Pieces of Truth"||3:04|
"Highway 1" was originally on the album in place of "Broadway", but was omitted from the final album.
- US Billboard 200, #21 (19,000 first week sales, 55,000 total sales)
- UK Album Chart, #37
- Swedish Albums Chart, #58
- Reverend Strychnine Twitch - lead vocals
- Mike Dirnt - bass guitar, backing vocals
- Tré Cool - drums, percussion, backing vocals
- Frosco Lee - lead guitar, backing vocals
- Jason Freese - keyboard, saxophone, flute, backing vocals
- Kevin Preston - rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Chris Dugan – recording, mixing on a 1/4" 8 track ("Dark Side of Night" recorded on a 4 track)
- Ken Lee – mastering
- Jason Chandler – artwork
- The album at Allmusic
- Punknews.org review
- Rolling Stone review Archived May 28, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- NME Article
- http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1045267/3-doors-down-cruises-to-no-1-on-album-chart. Missing or empty
- Billboard 9 May 2009 - GREEN DAY'S PUNK OPERA (p. 19) Billboard. Retrieved February 18, 2015.