Stop to Love (song)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2015)|
|"Stop to Love"|
|Single by Luther Vandross|
|from the album Give Me the Reason|
|Format||Vinyl 7" 45 RPM Single, cassette|
|Genre||R&B, synthpop, soul|
Nat Adderley, Jr.
|Producer(s)||Luther Vandross, Marcus Miller|
|Luther Vandross singles chronology|
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
"Stop to Love" is a song by American recording R&B artist Luther Vandross. Released in 1986 as the lead single from his album Give Me the Reason. It was his first number-one single on the R&B chart since "Never Too Much" in 1981. The upbeat single was also a crossover hit, peaking at number fifteen on the Billboard Hot 100.
UK Vinyl 10" 45 RPM, Single
- A1 "Stop To Love" (Remix) - 5:27
- B1 "Never Too Much" - 3:51
- B2 "Stop To Love" - (Instrumental)
Singer Anita Baker performed the song during her 1988-89 Giving You the Best World Tour.
|UK Singles Chart||24|
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||15|
|U.S. Billboard Hot Black Singles||1|
|U.S. Billboard Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks||7|
|U.S. Billboard Hot Dance Club Play||27|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942-2004. Record Research. p. 601.
- Garcia, Alex S. "mvdbase.com - Luther Vandross - "Stop to love"". Music Video DataBase. Retrieved October 31, 2015.
- Vandross - "Stop to Love", U.K. Vinyl 10", Single. discogs.com
- Luther Vandross - Singles Chart history.Billboard.com
- Vandross - UK Singles Chart history. Chart Archive
"Control" by Janet Jackson
|Billboard Hot Black Singles number-one single
January 17–24, 1987
"Candy" by Cameo
|This 1980s R&B/soul music song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|