Storage Resource Management
Data growth averages around 50% to 100% per year. Organisations face rising hardware-costs and the increased costs of managing their storage. Storage professionals who face out-of-control data-growth are looking at SRM to help them navigate the storage environment. SRM identifies underutilized capacity, identifies old or non-critical data that could be moved to less-expensive storage, and helps predict future capacity requirements.
Examples of SRM include:
- NetApp OnCommand Insight (OCI - formerly known as Onaro SANScreen). Customers[which?] world-wide have been using OnCommand Insight for ~ 13 years now[when?] to manage their heterogeneous storage environments. OnCommand Insight helps large enterprise-customers manage capacity, performance, forecasting, and multi-tenant billing in traditional and cloud environments. Operations teams use Insight for their day-to-day storage operations and to manage risk associated with managing mission-critical storage environments. With a flexible and massively scalable architecture, Insight brings the best of traditional resource management features along with the ability to monitor, report on and bill in private cloud, hybrid-IT and rapidly transforming storage environments.
- Northern Parklife
- IBM (Tivoli Storage Productivity Center)
- EMC Corporation
- SolarWinds Storage Resource Monitor
- Visual Storage Intelligence®
- SearchStorage.com Definitions. “What is storage resource management.” Retrieved September 9, 2009.
- Preimesberger, Chris (2015-11-18). "Cirba Connects to EMC ViPR to Fix Storage Inefficiencies". eWeek. QuinStreet Inc. ISSN 1530-6283. Retrieved 2016-02-11.
The new connection to EMC adds to Cirba's existing support for storage resources managed by NetApp OnCommand Insight (OCI), which was announced in August.
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This computer-storage-related software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|