Storage resource management
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Data growth averages around 50% to 100% per year. Organisations face rising hardware-costs and the increased costs of managing their storage. Storage professionals who face out-of-control data-growth are looking at SRM to help them navigate the storage environment. SRM identifies underutilized capacity, identifies old or non-critical data that could be moved to less-expensive storage, and helps predict future capacity requirements.
Examples of SRM include:
- NetApp OnCommand Insight (OCI) - (formerly known as Onaro SANScreen).
- Northern Parklife
- IBM (Tivoli Storage Productivity Center)
- EMC Corporation
- IntelliMagic, Inc. 
- SolarWinds Storage Resource Monitor
- Visual Storage Intelligence®
- SearchStorage.com Definitions. “What is storage resource management.” Retrieved September 9, 2009.
- Preimesberger, Chris (2015-11-18). "Cirba Connects to EMC ViPR to Fix Storage Inefficiencies". eWeek. QuinStreet Inc. ISSN 1530-6283. Retrieved 2016-02-11.
The new connection to EMC adds to Cirba's existing support for storage resources managed by NetApp OnCommand Insight (OCI), which was announced in August.
- "IntelliMagic • IntelliMagic Vision for SAN Storage and Fabric". www.intellimagic.com. Retrieved 2017-04-11.
|This computer data storage-related software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|