In 2004, nine months of head-to-head competition with a rival title ended with The Hebridean ceasing publication. Following this, the Gazette acquired the title and the publication rights to The Hebridean.
It was awarded 2013 Newspaper of the Year at the annual Highlands and Islands Media Awards.
- "Hebridean reborn with purchase by rival Gazette". Press Gazette. 18 February 2004. Retrieved 11 September 2014.
- West, Karl (22 June 2005). "Johnston Press picks up SRH local newspaper division". The Herald (Glasgow). Retrieved 11 September 2014.
- "Stornoway Gazette to go tabloid". BBC News. 22 March 2013. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- "Highlands and Islands Media Awards". Highlands and Islands Press Ball and Media Awards 2014. Retrieved 11 September 2014.
- Website of the Stornoway Gazette
|This Scottish newspaper-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|