Story of Evil
The Story of Evil (悪ノ物語 Aku no Monogatari), is a series of music videos using Yamaha's Vocaloid vocal synthesizer software. It is a collection of 9 songs that intertwine to create the story. They were all made by MOTHY (Master Of The Heavenly Yard), also known as Akuno-P(悪ノp). There are four main novels that go with the series, as well as three extra fanbooks. It's also of note that the series is focused on "Pride", which is one of the Seven deadly sins. Other, less dark themes in the series include Love (Servant of Evil and Regret Message), Pity (Twiright Prank, Daughter of White, and Thousand Year Wiegenlied), Forgiveness (Regret Message and Daughter of White), and Friendship (Daughter of White and Thousand Year Wiegenlied).
- 1 History
- 2 Plot overview
- 2.1 Chapter 1 -Daughter of Evil-
- 2.2 Chapter 2 -A Mighty Famine Strikes-
- 2.3 Chapter 3 -A Feud Between A Swordswoman And The Princess-
- 2.4 Chapter 4 -Jealousy And A War-
- 2.5 Chapter 5 -What Happened To Blue And Green-
- 2.6 Chapter 6 -A Rebellion-
- 2.7 Chapter 7 -The Last Moment-
- 2.8 Chapter 8 -Epilogue-
- 3 Novel
- 4 Theater Play
- 5 Song List
- 6 Albums
- 7 References
- 8 External links
The series was written using the Vocaloid software and references various Vocaloid and Utau mascots. Originally the series only focused more on the Crypton Future Media Vocaloids, however as the storyline progressed, Vocaloids from other studios were introduced from Zero-G Ltd, AH Software and Internet Co., Ltd.. The first song of the series, "Daughter of Evil", did not gain much attention when it was uploaded to Nico Nico Douga on April 6, 2008. It was until a few weeks later when the second song of the series, "Servant of Evil (悪ノ召使 Aku no Meshitsukai)", was uploaded it did gain popularity among the Nico Nico Douga users.
The following month a song sung by Rin, "Regret Message (リグレットメッセージ Riguretto Messeeji)" was released, followed by a song sung by Len, "Re_birthday (Zenmai-Jikake no Komoriuta 3)". The release of the song Daughter of White (白ノ娘 Shiro no Musume) on Jan 6, 2010, made it a widely accepted theory and many fans interpret that the song connects these songs to the series. It's been debated on whether Regret Message and Re_Birthday are part of the series, however Akuno-P has just mentioned that it is up to each fan's interpretation and has not officially taken them in the series. However, according to a promo given out on the official page of the novel "Daughter of Evil, Cloiture of Yellow" (悪ノ娘 黄のクロアテュール Aku no Musume Ki no Kuroatyuuru), which is written by mothy and was released on August 10, 2010, "Regret Message" is in the series.
A Theater Play event, based on the songs and the backstory written by mothy on his blog, was shown in Japan during the month of January. An extra song, "Twiright Prank" (トワイライトプランク Towairaito Puranku), composed by mothy and sung by Shimoda Asami, was used in the play. Shimoda Asami, the voice actress which the voices of Kagamine Rin and Len was borrowed from, did a cover of the first three songs in the series. Later "Twiright Prank" was covered by Rin and Len.
"Daughter of Evil", "Servant of Evil", "Regret Message", "Daughter of White", and "Twiright Prank" are in mothy's album "Evils Kingdom".
|This section may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. (May 2012)|
This is a basic plot story which Akuno-P wrote for the songs in the series before he created "Daughter of Evil" and gave out on his blog. He organized the plot into 8 chapters, depicted chapter1, 4, 6, and 7 in "Daughter of Evil" and depicted chapter2, 3, and 5 in "Servant of Evil". Later, he announced he wrote another plot story with more detailed storyline and settings which are based on this.
Chapter 1 -Daughter of Evil-
"Once upon a time there was a kingdom. A wise king who built the kingdom in his lifetime was taken with illness and a queen of the sweet voice, who was his wife, ruled the land instead of him. She governed for the betterment of people, rather better than him, and the kingdom enjoyed prosperity. Although her reign continued after his death, she suffered from the same affliction and died. The one left behind was her "only daughter", who was brought up in comfort, having great-flamboyant furniture, a beautiful and fine horse and a servant who looked like her and was willing to do whatever she wanted. She took her mother's place and reigned the kingdom. However, she wasn't a valley girl at all and her dominion was far from good. She imposed heavy taxes on the people and purged the ones who did not abide by her orders. Gradually people came to call the country as "the kingdom of evil and cruelty" and the princess as "daughter of evil"."
Chapter 2 -A Mighty Famine Strikes-
Substantially "daughter of evil" was at the position of a queen, however, out of deference to her mother the queen she decided she would rule the kingdom as a princess and would not take over the throne until she came of age. One day, a mighty famine suddenly struck the kingdom and many people lost their lives for hunger except some haves. Some lieges told her how people were impoverished and offered their opinions to provide relief for them, but she just said, "If they don't have bread, they had better eat cake!" (a reference to the apocryphal line supposedly spoken by Marie Antoinette; "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche") sef
Chapter 3 -A Feud Between A Swordswoman And The Princess-
Since then, there was no one who offered one's opinion to the princess except a loyal subject who had served since her mother's period of rule. He was called "a commander of royal guards who has a name of lion". He was the only man that remonstrated with her and offered counsel to her to help the people. He was also a hero who had saved the kingdom before and still hold on power. Finally he and lieges who supported him unilaterally made a decision to save the people from hunger. The princess got angry because the meals at the royal palace became meager and the things went on behind her back. One night, she had the commander to come to her own room in the palace. On the next morning, there was his dead body at a riverside on the fringe of the kingdom and beside it "the servant who looked like the princess" was standing. He said, "No one can disobey her now". Few hours later, "a girl in red clothes" dissolved in tears by the dead body. She secretly vowed revenge against the princess for her father.
Chapter 4 -Jealousy And A War-
The fierce princess was in love with "a man of blue", who was a prince of a kingdom across the sea. She sent out her liege to propose marriage, however, he replied "I have the one whom I love in the land of green. So I cannot marry you." The princess got furious with jealousy and thought to kill "the woman of green whom he loved", but she did not know who she was. One day, she called away a minister and ordered in a quiet voice; "If you cannot find out the woman of green, destroy all the land of green". The war between two countries broke out overnight. Many houses were burnt and many people lost their lives. People suffered and mourned, however, the princess would not know it and kept living in the palace with grace as always; "Oh, it's time for a snack"
Chapter 5 -What Happened To Blue And Green-
Pathetically, the land of green was destroyed. However, the woman of green was still alive because "the servant who looked like the princess" had hidden her in a well, which had protected her from fires. He was also in love with her. He was thinking that since the princess did not know the woman's face, it would be better to take her to where "the man of blue" was after things were settled down and the princess would not try to destroy the kingdom where the one whom she loved lived. One day the princess handed over a small glass bottle to the servant. When the princess wanted to ask something important to him, she always did that way without saying directly and orally. It had become a habit since the servant had told her a legend. And what was written on a parchment which he took out of the bottle was "Liquidate her". "The man of blue" found the one whom he loved had become dead and cold in the well. He secretly vowed revenge against the princess.
Chapter 6 -A Rebellion-
The people abruptly rose in rebellion against the princess of evil. They were led by "a swordswoman in a red armor" and "a man with a mask and blue hair". The anger of "the woman of red", "the man of blue" and the people covered the entire kingdom and the rebellious troops defeated the royal army which had severalfold men under. Fortunately for the troops that the army was impoverished by the recent war, they surrounded the royal palace, and all the ministers and servants ran away. The one left behind was pretty, lily and cruel "daughter of evil". When she was almost captured, she shouted "You, insolent fellow!". The princess was arrested at last and that was the end of the kingdom.
Chapter 7 -The Last Moment-
The execution of the princess was decided to be conducted on 3 o'clock in the afternoon when bells of the church would ring. "She" was put in a jail and no one knew what "she" was thinking. People gathered to a square where a guillotine was ready. The bells of the church rang and a blade fell. The last words "she" said was neither words of begging for "her" life nor apologizing to people, but "her" favorite phrase; "Oh, it's time for a snack". The execution was conducted, and everyone thought "the daughter of evil" was dead and everything was over.
Chapter 8 -Epilogue-
Few days after the execution a rumor circulated, which told that the one who had been killed on that day was a scapegoat and the princess was still alive. In a town, at a harbor, the one who stood, hiding oneself from prying eyes, was the princess disguised as the servant; "I'm sorry…Len". This is a story of once upon a time.
A novel titled Daughter of Evil, Closure of Yellow (悪ノ娘 黄のクロアテュール, Aku no Musume Ki no Kuroatyuuru), which was written by Akuno-P(mothy), was released on August 10, 2010. On his blog, mothy announced that the novel is based on the songs he wrote and the plot story he offered for the theater play. The storyline is different in several respects and there are some differences in settings. Most of personages' names are the same as those used in the play ("Rillianne", "Allen", etc.) and more characters appear in the novel. The illustrations are drawn by Ichika, Yunomi-P and 憂. A sequel titled Daughter of Evil, Wiegenlied of Green was released on February 24, 2011.
Note: the storyline is mostly as same as the basic plot story. More detailed settings and hidden stories are written.
A vast kingdom called Lucifenia, whose popular name was the "Kingdom of Yellow", was ruled by a tyrannical princess named Rillianne, a fourteen-year-old. Under her absolute monarchism, everything was exploited from people and the ones who did not obey her were executed without mercy. Allen, a servant who looked like her, was always beside the princess who was called "Daughter of Evil" by the people. The Servant and Princess were the same age, as they were secretly twins. The princess's selfishness caused a war and many deaths, and their secret gear of fate was going to spin madly. This entire story takes place in EC Year 500.
- Riliane Lucifen d'Autriche (Rin Kagamine): "Daughter of Evil". She is a princess of Lucifenia. She does not remember that Allen is her twin brother, due to the side effects of a spell cast on her by the Court Sorceress, Elluka Clockworker. "d'Autriche" means "of Austria" in French. She later changes her name to 'Rin' after the revolution and works as a nun in the Eldoh Monastery on the coast of Elphegort.
- Allen Avadonia (Len Kagamine): "Servant of Evil". He is a chamberlain who serves the princess, acting incognito. Leonhart Avadonia is his adopted father and Germaine is his adopted sister. He is the twin brother of Rilianne, however, he cannot reveal this. Real name: Alexiel Lucifen d'Autriche
- Germaine Avadonia (Meiko): "Swordswoman in Red Armor". She lives in the castle town of Lucifenia. Her adoptive father is Leonhart Avadonia and her adoptive brother is Allen Avadonia. She comes from the Conchita bloodline(referencing Repulsive Eater Girl Conchita, taking place 200 years prior in EC Year 325) which is tainted by the Venomania bloodline(referencing Lunacy of Duke Venomania, taking place 400 years prior in EC Year 136-EC Year 137)
- Michaela (Miku Hatsune): "Girl of the Kingdom of Green". A young woman who works for Keel Freesis, the great merchant, as a maid in the country of Elphegort. She is known to be beautiful, gentle, friendly and beloved by everyone. She has a beautiful singing voice, taught by Elluka Clockworker.. She is not human; rather, she is a robin spirit from the Thousand-Year Forest given human form by Elluka at the request of the Earth God, Eldoh.
- Kyle Marlon (Kaito): "King of the Blue Kingdom". In the basic plot story he is a prince of an unnamed kingdom but appears as a king of the Marlon Kingdom in the novel. He is a fiance of the princess. His mother is the Dowager Queen Prim Marlon(Prima), and he has thirteen sisters. Most of his brothers, save for Arkatoir, were killed.
- Clarith (Haku Yowane): "Daughter of White". She works for Keel Freesis as a maid and best friends with Michaela. She's an outcast in her home, Yatski Village, because she was born with albinism. It often resulted in beatings and punishments from the villagers until the death of her mother, where Michaela convinced her to move to Capital Aceid.
- Chartette (Teto Kasane): A lady's maid who serves the princess. She is a childhood friend of Allen and is a chimera. Though she looks like she's fifteen, her real age is closer to thirty. She's known to have superhuman strength, and is very clumsy.
- Ney Futapie (Neru Akita): A lady's maid who serves the princess. She blurts whatever comes into her loose mouth. Ney is really the daughter of the Queen of Marlon, working as a spy in the kingdom of Lucifenia.
- Leonhart Avadonia (Leon): "Commander of Royal Guard" of Lucifenia. He is one of "Three Heroes" and was killed by his adoptive son, Allen Avadonia. He has two adoptive children; Allen and Germaine.
- Mariam Futapie (Miriam): "Head of Lady's Maids" of Lucifenia. She is good at cloak-and-dagger activity and also one of "Three Heroes". Ney Futapie is her adopted daughter.
- Elluka Clockworker (Luka Megurine): "Capricious Sorceress". She is a court sorceress of Lucifenia and also one of "Three Heroes," however, there is more to this character than meets the eye. A five-hundred-year-old sorceress, she's on a quest to collect and cleanse the Seven Deadly Sins at the request of the God, Eldoh.
- Gast Venom (Gakupo Kamui): He is called "Demon of Asmodean". He is a mighty free companion and leads a mercenary force named "Asmodean Company". Asmodean is a name of a country which once fought for supremacy against Lucifenia. His bloodline has been tainted by the Venomania Bloodline(referencing Lunacy of Duke Venomania)
- Gumillia (Gumi): She is regarded as one of "Next Three Heroes" and is an apprentice of Elluka, as well as a friend of Michaela. Like Michaela, she is a forest spirit given human form by Elluka. Her original form was that of a chipmunk. Unlike Michaela's hyper self, Gumillia is known to be stoic and awkward.
- Keel Freesis (Kiyoteru Hiyama): "Great Merchant" who lives in Elphegort. He is an immigrant from the Marlon Kingdom and a friend of Kyle Marlon. He believes strictly in the Eldoh Sect of Levin.
- Yukina Freesis (Kaai Yuki): She's the nine-year-old daughter of Keel Freesis, and often finds herself in trouble for bullying other kids. Yukina's proved very intelligent, even writing a series of novels. What she really wants is to find the truth on the Story of Evil and turn it into a novel.
- Mikina Freesis (SF-A2 Miki): An aristocrat from Marlon who married Keel and is commonly referred to as Mrs. Freesis.
- Shou Freesis (Shouta Tsukiyomi): Yukina's brother. He is the eldest son of the Freesis family.
- Aile Freesis (Ai Tsukiyomi): Yukina and Shou's sister. She is the youngest daughter of the Freesis family.
- Prim Marlon (Prima): The mother of Ney and Kyle and the one who truly controls Marlon. She manipulated Lucifenia into a war so that she could take it over once it was weakened.
- Liliane Mouchet (Lily): Former commander of the bastion army of the Lucifenian Retasan territory. She dislikes to be called by her real name, which is similar to the name of "The Daughter of Evil", but prefers to be called by her nickname "Lily".
- Character names have parts of the Vocaloid's, fan-made Vocaloid's, or UTAU's name on which it was based
- The character Rillianne Lucifen d'Autriche is based on Marie Antoinette, and her country (Lucifenia) on France
- The name "Gast Venom" is a reference to the song "Venomania Kou no Kyouki" (Lunacy of Duke Venomania) from the Seven deadly sins series, created by Mothy.
- Gakupo was also the main singer of the song
- The name "Elluka Clockworker" appears multiple times throughout the 1000 years that the Chronicles of Evillious(containing Daughter of Evil) takes place. This is due to immortality.
- In the song "Daughter of White", Michaela and Clarith worked for a wealthy merchant lady. In the book, it's revealed they are hired by Keel Freesis's wife, yet work mainly for Keel Freesis.
- Mothy has created his own religions, based on the 'Three Dragon Gods'(Levia, Behemo, and Eldoh) that most everyone in the story follow. Starting with Levin, it branched out to Levia Sect and Eldoh Sect.
- In the beginning, those who believed in Eldoh were labeled as outcasts, however, there are still some very prominent Eldoh believers(such as the Freesis Family)
Daughter of Evil ~Gemini of Charm~
A Theater Play event, entitled Daughter of Evil ~Gemini of Charm~ (悪ノ娘～凄艶のジェミニ～, Aku no Musume ~Seien no Jiemini~), opened from January 27, 2010 to January 31, 2010 by X-QUEST. Beyond background tracks for the play, it features covers of the velvet mixes of Akuno-P's three songs by Shimoda Asami, the voice actress who had lent her voice for Kagamine Rin and Len, and a new song called "Twiright Prank", composed by mothy and performed by Shimoda Asami. The original soundtrack, which includes instrumental songs used in the play and the four vocal songs, was released on February 3, 2010.
The script was written by Hidekatsu Tokunaga, a host of the play and also a member of X-QUEST, with his own interpretation based on the plot story which Akuno-P offered for the play. Unlike in the songs, in which the characters are not named (fans usually assign the characters names depending on the singer Vocaloid), each character is given a unique name by Akuno-P; for instance, the princess is "Rillianne", the servant is "Allen", Kaito's character is "Kyle", and Miku's character is "Michaela". However, there are many differences between storylines and settings by Akuno-P and those by Hidekatsu Tokunaga. Akuno-P was not involved with the script's writing in any way and the song "Daughter of White" had not been created yet when it was written. Also a lot of Hidekatsu Tokunaga's original parodies and episodes are added to the script.
God of Evil
Another Theater Play event, entitled God of Evil (悪ノ神, Aku no Kami), was held on April 11, 2010 by Drama Group Brioche. Drama Group Brioche was established by fans to make a theater play of the three songs in the series. The Drama Group Brioche made a big success in God of Evil or ' xxx of Evil ' in short. It had been sold to many countries worldwide.
- "Daughter of Evil", the first song of the series, was released on April 6, 2008. It uses the voice of Kagamine Rin and details the basic story of a cruel princess (Rilianne) ruling in a corrupt manner, using her servant (Allen) to order the fall of the green kingdom after the man she loves is found to be in love with a woman from there, and subsequently "being executed". Labeled as one of the Freesis Fables.
- "Servant of Evil", the second song of the series, released on April 29, 2008. It mainly uses the voice of Kagamine Len, though a small portion near the end of the song includes Rin's voice. It details the story of how the twins were separated when they were very small and how the only thing of Rin Len could ever see was her soft, kind side, and of how he met Michaela and fell in love with her, and eventually traded places with the princess to be executed. Before dying, he wishes they could be reborn and play together again. Labeled as one of the Freesis Fables.
- "Regret Message", the third of the series to be released (uploaded May 25, 2008), tells of Riliane's feelings a year after "Servant of Evil", related to the plot story which Akuno-P posted on his blog. Rilianne realizes that it had been her own selfishness that had killed her brother, and the wish she made was for her and Allen to be reborn as twins again.
- "Re_birthday" is the third song in the "Zenmai-Jikake no Komoriuta " series. It was released on Dec 27, 2008. In this song, the servant is alone in a dark room not being able to see. He hears a voice and starts to remember the evil that he has done. Then his arms are in red handcuffs (representing blood shed) and his ankles are in blue chains (representing the tears spilled). Suddenly he hears a melody of someone's voice coming from somewhere ('Lu li la, lu li la,' sung by the Clockworker's Doll in the song Master of the Court and Capriccio Farce). He is forgiven for his actions in the past and was reborn. It's known as the answer song to Regret message, both containing [Re] for this reason. However, officially, it is part of the Clockwork Lullaby series.
- "Daughter of White", the fourth song of the series, released on January 6, 2010. The official English title of the song by Akuno-P is "Bystander". Unlike the previous songs sung by Rin and Len, this is sung by Yowane Haku using Hatsune Miku, detailing the events of the series from the viewpoint of a new character, which had never been mentioned before in the previous songs. The song details a viewpoint of a civilian of the country of green before, during, and after the war via scenes being shown. It's mothy's longest song, over eight minutes in length.
- "Twiright Prank" was originally composed by mothy for the Theater Play event. It was performed by Shimoda Asami. The song shows a small snapshot of the princess and servant's lives as small children, avoiding a mysterious "demon" in the twilight. The demon says she is hungry, and the two, having buried a chest in the sea, are running from her. The two decide to "split" day and night between each other, Riliane being "day" and Alexiel being "night". Alexiel eventually realizes the demon will be always hungry no matter what and decides to share his snack with the demon. In return, the demon tells Alexiel a secret about the ocean (an incomplete version of the legend of the glass bottle). Alexiel promises to later share this secret with Rilianne. Though he has already released its cover with Rin and Len on his "EVILS FOREST" album, he uploaded it on Nicovideo on August 3, 2010. The official English title of the song by Akuno-P is "Day and night". He commented, on his blog, that he purposefully changed the spelling of "Twilight" to "Twiright" in the video he uploaded. Also he explained he did that because "right" means "correct" and "normal", "twi" carries the meaning of "twist", the ones who are performing it are "R"in and "L"en, and the prince gave a sweet to a "demon" while the princess did not in the song.
- "The Wooden Girl ~Millennium of Wiegenlied~", the seventh song in the series. It's from the view of Michaela, the girl that Clarith finds unconscious in Daughter of White. It details more events and is second longest in the series. Michaela, who was a spirit, was transformed into a human by Elluka Clockworker. She is taken in by Clarith, and the two run away to a new village where they become servants. At a banquet, Michaela meets the "king from the country over the sea"(Kyle Marlon) This meeting sparks the fated war mentioned in the other songs, and ends with Michaela dying at the bottom of a well and wishing that she could be reborn, but she doesn't get to finish her sentence. It tells the truth of the lullaby that is heard throughout the chronicles(Lu li la/La lu li la la la/Lu li la lu li- la lu li lu li la) and how it's really a lullaby of destruction.
- "Handbeat Clocktower", This song happen 5 years after the events in Daughter of Evil in EC Year 505. It's sung by KAITO and Kaai Yuki. The song is from the view of Kyle Marlon, the king of the Kingdom of Marlon. In this song, it's revealed that the one who planned all the bad things in the Daughter of Evil is his mother, the Dowager Queen of Marlon, Prim Marlon. She is waiting in the Clocktower of the Castle of Hedgehog in the Kingdom of Marlon and laughing over everyone's sadness. Kyle considers her as a devil because of her cruelty. It also reveals Michaela's killer as Ney Futapie or Ney Marlon, Kyle's younger sister. She is mentioned as the 'Handbeat Clocktower' and Gretel's reincarnation. In the end of the song, it is seen that she killed Prim and holds possession of the Vessel of Gluttony (The Glass of Conchita). Kyle (along with Yukina) end this song by singing "In the top of the clocktower, you sit on a chair, decaying. Are you a devil or someone who I once called 'mother'?"
- "Kept Waiting for a Response", In this song, Rilliane (now known as Rin) is now an old nun who is always smiling. She adopted and takes care of the orphans in the chapel near the sea. Even if they all live in poverty, they're all happy. One of the orphans strongly resemble len. Rin, at this point, is sick and knew that the end is nearing. All the kids she adopted come to the side of her bed and say that they will do whatever Rin's wish, no matter how difficult it is. Rin smiled and answer that she wants a response for her letter that she wrote when she was young and wanted to know if it reached the receiver and if her sins were forgiven. All the orphans separated and looked all over Evillious Region. The orphan that resembled Allen found an old painter who told him the truth of Rin and that the one whom Rin sent the letter to isn't alive anymore. Right before her death, the orphan passed a letter to her. She glanced at it and said 'thank you.' The truth of her sins were only realized once the true end had taken place. It is "proof" that one of the orphans is len, because that it is Len who sang the song. However, this song is not official canon, rather a vague conclusion to the series.
- The Seven Deadly Sins
This is a set of songs, one that represents each sin and is also a contributor to the Story of Evil.
- Pride (positive and negative connotations)
"Servant of Evil" and "Daughter of Evil"
Sung by Len and Rin respectively, these two songs both show Pride in its two different lights. One side shows self-important pride brimming with corruption, while the other side shows the other extreme, a selfless pride that brims with purity. Characters in the Story of Evil.
"The Tailor Shop of Enbizaka"
Sung by Luka, this song shows a woman's jealousy towards all women her husband comes in contact with by trying to emulate each woman by first killing her, then taking a prominent accessory or article of clothing. Characters - Kayo Sudou (Megurine Luka), her lover unknown (KAITO). His lover - MEIKO, Hatsune Miku and Kagamine Rin. Names the unknown.
"Repulsive Food Eater Conchita"
Sung by Meiko, this depicts a woman that is consumed by her desire to taste every food. She first starts with delicacies and culinary art but soon degrades to the repulsive foods when she runs out of delicious ones. Her desire to taste everything escalates even to the point of eating her own servants, and finally, herself. Characters - Banica Conchita (MEIKO), her servants - Arte and Pollo (Kagamine Rin & Len), her cook - Carlos Marlon (KAITO).
"Judgement of Corruption"
Sung by Kaito, this is about a (in)famous judge that would plead anyone 'not guilty' as long as they paid money. He was a man that was told if he gathered all seven sins, his wishes would be answered. For this he became the embodiment of Greed and is using his money to also try to grant his own wish. Characters - Gallerian Marlon (KAITO), his "daughter" Michele (Hatsune Miku) - the doll. A Woman in the end - Master of the Hellish Yard (GUMI).
"The Madness of Duke Venomania"
Sung by Gakupo, this has a man that is able to seduce all women he wants to, and with this ability, he gathers all women he finds to create a harem to compensate for a childhood embarrassment that is revealed in the middle of the song. Characters - Sateriasis Venomania (Kamui Gakupo), his general "lover" - Lukana Octo (Megurine Luka), Mikulia Greonio (Hatsune Miku), Gumina Glassred (GUMI) and Maylis Beelzenia (MEIKO). The Savior Kachess Krim (KAITO).
"Gift from the Princess who Brought Sleep"
Sung by Miku, this is about a woman arranged in a marriage with a man she unconditionally loves but does not love her back. From a friend of hers she gets a recipe for a sleeping medicine that is supposed to relieve you of all stress and gives it to her husband. She gives it to everyone in the town and by the end of it, herself too. This "sleeping medicine" was in fact a powerful poison that actually killed the person who drank it, but makes the person seem asleep, inducing an eternal slumber. Characters - Margarita Blankenheim (Hatsune Miku), her husband - Caspar Blankenheim (KAITO). Margarita's friend - Julia Abelard (Irina Clockworker in the Germaine's body).
"The Muzzle of Nemesis"
Sung by GUMI, this is about a woman who was forced to kill her lover, ordened by the master of the court (her own father), and wants now to revenge, deciding to kill her father. The song is related to "Judgement of Corruption" because of the characters (the real daughter of the judge was the murderer's sister and was killed by a giant pulp when the murderer was younger). Characters - Nemesis Sudou (GUMI) - Gallerian Marlon, the father of Nemesis (KAITO) - his daughter Michele and the Clockworker doll (Hatsune Miku).
There has been a number of new releases of the songs. One of them is the ACT2 version of the first two songs, which supposedly features an improved version of the Kagamine Rin and Len VOCALOID2 program (however, mothy believes these mixes to be inferior).
Another version includes the "velvet mixes" of "Daughter of Evil", which were released on December 27, 2009, in celebration of Rin and Len's birthday. The two songs feature artwork from artists put together by mothy, which confirm certain elements in the plot. A "velvet mix" of "Regret Message" was released on mothy's album "prelude to forest".
38 keywords are hidden in the original videos of "Daughter of Evil ~velvet mix~". Also the same number of lines are shown in that of "Servant of Evil ~velvet mix~". Each keyword and line can be a pair and if they are put together, there will be 38 dialogues of characters in the story, including characters who do not appear in the songs of the series. Those can be clue to interpret the story of "Daughter of Evil" series deeper.
Some examples (note that they are not in chronological order in the story): keywords hidden in Daughter of Evil ~velvet mix~ / "a line hidden in Servant of Evil~velvet mix~"
- Power struggle among the Lieges / "One successor is enough"
- Pure-hearted Assassin / "The children have no sins..."
- Wim of a Sorceress / "No man can be any good"
- Death of a Queen / "Knight the Lion, please take care of the child"
- Mighty famine strikes / "All the people would die if this goes on!"
- Childish conspiracy / "I'm pissed off! He really makes me pissed off!"
- Commander of Royal Guard who has the name of Lion / "Why...you..."
- Deadbody at the riverside / "No one can disobey her now"
- Girl in a red clothes / "No! Father! Father!"
- Wish of one-thousand-year Tree / "I want someone to be my friend"
- Maiden of Tree / "Who, are you?"
- Green Purge / "Kill all the women with green hair!"
- Loose-tongued Maid / "I heard it, I heard it♪"
- Survived Heresy / "Why, why!?"
- Lament of a King / "Revenge... revenge!"
Three albums were released for the Story of Evil: Evils Theater, Evils Forest, and Evils Kingdom. All three albums contain some of the main storyline songs, and also include other songs by mothy from other series such as The Clockwork Lullaby, Seven Deadly Sins, and Moonlit Bear.
This album was released in 2009 by mothy, and contains 4 of the major storyline songs: Akuno Musume (Daughter of Evil), Akuno Meshitukai (Servant of Evil), Regret Message, and Re_Birthday. There are also 7 other songs on the disc that apply additional storyline elements, such as the Clockwork Lullaby series.
- Aku no Musume by Kagamine Rin
- Aku no Meshitsukai by Kagamine Len
- Kotoba Asobi by Kagamine Rin
- Zenmaijikake Komoriuta by Kagamine Rin
- Okizari Tsukiyosyou by Kagamine Rin/Len
- Hakoniwa No Syouzyo by Hatsune Miku
- Akujikimusume Conchita by MEIKO
- Zyuppun No Koi by Kagamine Rin
- Regret Message by Kagamine Rin
- Re_Birthday by Kagamine Len
- South North Story by Kagamine Rin (ACT 1 and ACT 2) and Kagamine Len
Released in 2010 by mothy, this album contains the last two storyline songs, along with 8 other related songs and an overture song named after the album. All songs besides the first one on this album go by a different name than the original song or the English name.
- Evils Forest
- Graveyard Party by Kagamine Rin/Len and MEIKO
- First Episode by Hatsune Miku/KAITO
- Good-By My Lover by Megpoid
- Clockwork Lullaby4 by KAITO
- Leviathan Slope by Megurine Luka
- Dance With Asmodeus by Gackpoid, Hatsune Miku, Megurine Luka, MEIKO,and Megpoid
- His Word by Kagamine Rin
- Bystander by Yowane Haku (uses Hatsune Miku engine)
- Another Clockwork by Kagamine Rin(ACT 1 and ACT 2) and Len
- Day and Night by Kagamine Rin/Len
Released on December 2010 by mothy, it contains songs from Story of Evil, The Clockwork Lullaby, and the Seven Deadly Sins while also releasing previously unreleased songs. Unlike Evils Theater and Evils Forest, this album is only available in Japan.
- Moonlit Bear by Hatsune Miku and KAITO
- Okizari Tsukiyosyou by Kagamine Rin/Len
- Chrono Story by Luka Megurine and Kagamine Rin/Len
- Venomania Kou no Kyouki by Gackpoid, Hatsune Miku, Megurine Luka, MEIKO, and Megpoid
- Akuzikimusume Conchita by MEIKO
- Twiright Prank by Kagamine Rin/Len
- Aku no Musume by Kagamine Rin
- Aku no Meshitukai by Kagamine Len
- Regret Message by Kagamine Rin
- Shiro no Musume by Yowane Haku (uses Hatsune Miku engine)
- Re_Birthday by Kagamine Len
- Enbizaka no Shitateya by Megurine Luka
- Akutoku no judgement by KAITO
- Hakoniwa No Syouzyo by Hatsune Miku
- Handbeat Clocktower by KAITO
Released on September 2011, it contains songs from Story of Evil, The Clockwork Lullaby, the Seven Deadly Sins, and also unreleased songs while interconnecting all of the series with each other. Like Evils Forest, all songs used official English titles rather than their original Japanese titles.
- Evils Court
- Successor of the court by Hatsune Miku
- Clockwork lullaby5 by Megurine Luka and Kagamine Rin/Len
- Clockwork requiem by Megurine Luka
- Spirit of ELD by Hatsune Miku
- Belphogor's Girft by Hatsune Miku
- The End of Hansel by Kagamine Len, Megurine Luka, and Megpoid
- U-topos by Hatsune Miku
- Mammon's Court by KAITO
- Clockwork lullaby6 by MEIKO, KAITO, Hatsune Miku, Kagamine Rin/Len, Gackpoid, Megurine Luka, Megpoid
- Shadow Parade by Hatsune Miku, Kagamine Rin/Len, and Megurine Luka
- "Daughter of Evil, Cloiture of Yellow" Official Site
- mothy's Blog "the heavenly yard": Making of "Daughter of Evil" 4
- mothy's Blog "the heavenly yard": Reviews of the Play or Future Direction of Evil Series 2
- mothy's Blog "the heavenly yard": Making of "Daughter of Evil" 6
- mothy's Blog "the heavenly yard": Making of "Daughter of Evil" 7
- mothy's Blog "the heavenly yard": Making of "Daughter of Evil" 8
- mothy's Blog "the heavenly yard": Making of "Daughter of Evil" 9
- mothy's Blog "the heavenly yard": Making of "Daughter of Evil" 10
- mothy's Blog "the heavenly yard": Making of "Daughter of Evil" 11
- mothy's Blog "the heavenly yard": Making of "Daughter of Evil" 12
- mothy's Blog "the heavenly yard": "Daughter of Evil" will be a Novel!
- Amazon:Daughter of Evil Cloiture of Yellow
- mothy's Blog "the heavenly yard": About Novel 1
- Amazon:Daughter of Evil, Wiegenlied of Green
- mothy's Blog "the heavenly yard":About Novel 1
- mothy's Blog "the heavenly yard":About Novel 2
- 悪ノ娘～凄艶のジェミニ～ Official Site
- mothy's Blog "the heavenly yard": Category: The Play
- Ameba Blog :【演劇】悪ノ娘～凄艶のジェミニ～ (Unofficial)
- Hatena Diary: 悪ノ娘～凄艶のジェミニ～ (Unofficial) Jan 31, 2010
- Hatena Diary:悪ノ娘～凄艶のジェミニ～ (Unofficial) Jan 30, 2010
- Cure Blog: さぁ、ひざまずきなさい～「悪ノ娘～凄艶のジェミニ～」 (Unofficial)
- Ex-blog: X-QUEST『悪ノ娘～凄艶のジェミニ～』千秋楽 (Unofficial)
- Drama Group Brioche Official Site
- "the heavenly yard Re_birthday". Mothy.blog39.fc2.com. Retrieved 2012-03-10.
- KarentT: EVILS FOREST / mothy
- mothy's Blog "the heavenly yard": It was released today!
- "Evils Kingdom" Webpage
- Theater Play "Daughter of Evil" by X-QUEST Official Website
- Theater Play "Daughter of Evil" by Drama Group Brioche Official Site
- Novel "Daughter of Evil" Official Website
- mothy's Blog "the heavenly yard"
- mothy's albums released on KarenT.jp