|Parent||Sun Capital Partners|
During this period of ownership, twenty more restaurants were added to the chain and, in May 2007 they, along with five Belgo and Bierodrome restaurants, were acquired by Tragus Group Ltd for £140m, owner of the brands Cafe Rouge, Bella Italia, Potters Bar & Kitchen and Huxleys.
In September 2012, Strada joined the Nectar loyalty card reward scheme as a redemption partner. In July 2013, Strada began a partnership with the Gourmet Society, offering their members discounts on production of a Gourmet Society restaurant discount card.
In September 2014, forty three of Strada restaurants were bought by Hugh Osmond's Sun Capital Partners from Tragus Group (renamed Casual Dining Group) for £37m, retaining their existing management team, led by James Spragg. In 2017, over twenty restaurants closed, in turn, many other branded restaurant companies also closed many sites in 2017 and 2018.
As of October 2021, Strada has two Strada sites and six Coppa club sites (with two sites of Strada turning into one Coppa Club).
In March 2013, Strada were official partners of Comic Relief, the British charity founded in 1985 that aims to "bring about positive and lasting change in the lives of poor and disadvantaged people."
Tipping and minimum wage
In June 2009, the company was found to be threatening to dismiss wait staff, who do not get customers to pay tips on credit cards rather than in cash. Credit card tips were used by the company to subsidise wages (which are usually the legal minimum) whereas cash tips go directly to wait staff.
In line with changes to tipping legislation, which came into effect on 1 October 2009, Tragus Ltd. reviewed and updated its policies to ensure that all tips, after a 10% deduction for administrative and other costs paid by credit or debit card, are now distributed through the payroll system to restaurant staff. All Tragus Group employees are now paid tips in addition to the National Minimum Wage.
- "About Luke Johnson". Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- "Tragus buys Strada for £140million". Big Hospitality. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- "Strada restaurant chain sold for £140m". London: The Guardian. 31 May 2007. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- "Tragus joins Nectar promo". Peach Report. Archived from the original on 20 January 2013. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- "Hugh Osmond buys 43 Strada restaurants". The Caterer. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- Elliott, Jamie (28 June 2009). "Cafe waiters fear the axe over cash tips". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 24 May 2010.
- "Strada Tips & Service Charge". Strada.