|Headquarters||San Francisco, United States|
Number of locations
Paul Kaye (General Manager of Strands Recommender)
|Products||Recommendation engine for eCommerce and content websites|
Strands Recommender is an SaaS plug-and-play recommendation engine that can be installed by eCommerce and content websites. The company is an independent business unit of Strands, Inc, founded in early 2004.
The service can either be implemented through the site’s API or with a widget plug-in. Strands Recommender also offers shopping cart plug-ins for Demandware, Miva Merchant, and Magento stores.
The recommendation engine on which Strands Recommender is based resulted from the idea of Francisco Martin, founder of Strands, Inc, to improve the recommendations available in iTunes by not only taking playcounts into account but people's behavior and their evolving tastes.
- Strands Recommender
- Kincaid, Jason "Strands Introduces Amazon-like Recommendation Engine", TechCrunch, June 10, 2008.
- "10 Questions on Product Recommendations", Practical Ecommerce, May 27, 2010.
- Neil, Michael. "Recommended choices for your basic eCommerce store". Retrieved 19 November 2015.
- Mitra, Sramana "Towards Personalization: Strands Founder Francisco Martin", www.sramanamitra.com, June 16, 2008.
- Stern, Allen "Interview With Gabriel Aldamiz-echevarria, Strands VP", CenterNetworks, April 29, 2008.