|Single by Electric Light Orchestra|
|from the album Face the Music|
|Recorded||1975 at Musicland Studios, Munich|
|Electric Light Orchestra singles chronology|
|Face the Music track listing|
Released as a single in 1976, the single was edited in the US, whereas in the UK the song appeared as the album cut minus the orchestral intro. The US single edit can be found on the remastered Face the Music released in September 2006. The song was also included on the band's 1978 The ELO EP. A remastered version was included on the box set Flashback in 2000. The 'weeping' guitar lick was provided by keyboardist Richard Tandy while Jeff Lynne played a 12-string acoustic guitar fed through a phase shifter.
Jeff Lynne version
|Song by Electric Light Orchestra|
|from the album Mr. Blue Sky: The Very Best of Electric Light Orchestra|
|Recorded||2001–2012 Bungalow Palace|
|Mr. Blue Sky: The Very Best of Electric Light Orchestra track listing|
- Kent, David (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970-1992. St Ives, N.S.W.: Australian Chart Book. ISBN 0-646-11917-6.
- "Top RPM Adult Contemporary: Issue 4139." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "Top RPM Singles: Issue 4116a." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "Official Singles Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "Electric Light Orchestra – Awards". AllMusic. All Media Network. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- Whitburn, Joel. "Electric Light Orchestra.". Top Adult Contemporary 1961-2001. Menomonee Falls, WI: Record Research Inc. p. 86.
- "CASH BOX Top 100 Singles – Week ending MAY 8, 1976". Archived from the original on 2 September 2012.. Cash Box.
- "The Singles Chart" (PDF). Record World. 29 May 1976. p. 35. ISSN 0034-1622. See last week peak position. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "The CASH BOX Year-End Charts: 1976". Archived from the original on 25 August 2012.. Cash Box.
- "Mr. Blue Sky – The Very Best of Electric Light Orchestra". Elo.biz. 5 October 2012. Retrieved 28 February 2013.
|This 1970s rock song–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|