Strangers in the City
|Strangers in the City|
|Directed by||Junji Sakamoto|
|Produced by||Mitsuru Kurosawa
|Written by||Shoichi Maruyama|
|Based on||"Yukizuri no Machi"
by Tatsuo Shimizu
|Music by||Goro Yasukawa|
|Edited by||Shinichi Fushima|
|Distributed by||Toei Company|
Strangers in the City (行きずりの街 Yukizuri no Machi) is a 2010 Japanese thriller film directed by Junji Sakamoto, starring Toru Nakamura and Manami Konishi. It is based on the novel of the same title by Tatsuo Shimizu.
- Tōru Nakamura as Hatano
- Manami Konishi as Masako
- Nao Minamisawa as Yukari
- Yosuke Kubozuka as Nakagome
- Renji Ishibashi as Ikebe
- Shun Sugata as Omori
- Kyoko Enami as Masako's mother
- Arata Iura as Masako's boyfriend
- Tetta Sugimoto as Hatano's former colleague
- Eriko Sato as Hatano's former colleague
- Mitsuki Tanimura as Yukari's friend
Mark Schilling of The Japan Times criticized Strangers in the City, noting that the director Junji Sakamoto and the screenwriter Shoichi Maruyama could not decide what the film is about. Meanwhile, Russell Edwards of Variety said, "[Manami] Konishi exhibits a powerful range of suppressed emotions as Hatano's former child bride-cum-Tokyo bargirl."
- Noh, Jean (13 October 2010). "Toei introduces Strangers to Korea's Mountain Pictures". Screen International.
- Umstead, Ben (14 June 2011). "Japan Cuts Lineup Is A Gift From The Gods". Twitch Film.
- Schilling, Mark (19 November 2010). "'Yukizuri no Machi (Strangers in the City)'". The Japan Times.
- Edwards, Russell (8 November 2010). "Strangers in the City". Variety.
|This article about a crime thriller film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|