Stranglehold (Paul McCartney song)
|Single by Paul McCartney|
|from the album Press to Play|
|Released||29 October 1986 (US only)|
|Songwriter(s)||Paul McCartney and Eric Stewart|
|Producer(s)||Hugh Padgham and Paul McCartney|
|Paul McCartney singles chronology|
"Stranglehold" is a song by Paul McCartney, the former bass guitarist, singer and songwriter with The Beatles. The track is credited as being written by McCartney and 10cc guitarist Eric Stewart, and is on his sixth studio solo album Press to Play. It was issued as single exclusively in the US and reached number 81. The b-side featured the remix of "Angry" by Larry Alexander taken from the previous single "Pretty Little Head".
- Paul McCartney - vocals, bass, acoustic and electric guitars
- Eric Stewart - acoustic and electric guitars, backing vocals
- Jerry Marotta - drums
- Gary Barnacle - possible horns
- Dick Morrisey - possible horns
- 7" single (B-5636)
- Stranglehold - 3:36
- Angry (Remix) - 3:36
- Remix by Larry Alexander
- "Paul McCartney > Charts & Awards > Billboard Singles". allmusic. Retrieved 30 August 2009.
- Atkinson, Terry (August 31, 1986). "Paul: Signs Of Hope Before The Letdown". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 31 May 2014.
|This article about a song by one or more members of the Beatles is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|