Aéroport de Strasbourg
|IATA: SXB – ICAO: LFST|
|Operator||CCI de Strasbourg et du Bas-rhin|
|Elevation AMSL||505 ft / 154 m|
Source: French AIP
Strasbourg Airport (French: Aéroport de Strasbourg) (IATA: SXB, ICAO: LFST) is an airport located in Entzheim and 10 km (6.2 miles) west-southwest of Strasbourg, both communes of the Bas-Rhin département in the Alsace région of France. In 2014 the airport served 1.167.612 passengers.
Decline in airport passenger traffic
After the opening of the new LGV Est high-speed rail line from Paris to Strasbourg, there was a significant reduction in plane usage, but since 2011, traffic at the airport has grown. However, Air France ceased to operate the route between Strasbourg and Paris-Charles de Gaulle on 2 April 2013, transferring passengers onto rail services operated as tgvair. By 2016 the time needed by rail between Paris and Strasbourg will be further reduced down to 1:48 as the second phase of the high-speed line will be inaugurated.
Airlines and destinations
|Aegean Airlines||Seasonal: Athens|
operated by HOP!
operated by BMI Regional
|easyJet||London-Gatwick (ends 21 March 2016)|
|HOP!||Amsterdam, Bordeaux, Lille, Lyon, Marseille, Nantes, Nice, Rome-Fiumicino, Toulouse
Seasonal: Ajaccio, Calvi
operated by Air Nostrum
|Royal Air Maroc||Casablanca|
|Transavia France||Seasonal: Marrakesh|
|Volotea||Bordeaux, Marseille, Montpellier, Nantes, Nice, Toulouse
Seasonal: Ajaccio, Bastia, Biarritz, Figari, Olbia, Palermo, Venice
Accidents and incidents
- Air Inter Flight 148, a flight inbound from Lyon, France crashed while circling to land on Strasbourg's runway 05, killing 87 people.
- PDF). AIP from French Service d'information aéronautique, effective 4 Feb 2016. (
- "KEY FIGURES". strasbourg.aeroport.fr. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- "Dès avril, Air France " volera " en TGV Est". Dna.fr.
- "Lufthansa Airport Bus Strasbourg – Frankfurt". Lufthansa. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
The Lufthansa Airport Bus operates between Strasbourg and Frankfurt Airport and is available to any passenger regardless of their destination and airline.
- "easyJet Flights & Travel Info (> Book a flight)". easyJet. 10 September 2015. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- "TER Alsace". ter.sncf.com. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Strasbourg International Airport.|
- Official website
- Airport information for LFST at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Current weather for LFST at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for SXB at Aviation Safety Network