Strasbourg International Airport
|Strasbourg International Airport
Aéroport International de Strasbourg
|IATA: SXB – ICAO: LFST|
|Operator||CCI de Strasbourg et du Bas-rhin|
|Elevation AMSL||505 ft / 154 m|
Alsace region in France
Source: French AIP
Strasbourg International Airport (French: Aéroport International de Strasbourg) (IATA: SXB, ICAO: LFST) is an airport located in Entzheim and 10 km (6.2 miles) west-southwest of Strasbourg, both communes of the Bas-Rhin département in the Alsace région of France. In 2014 the airport served 1.167.612 passengers.
Decline in airport passenger traffic
There was a decline in traffic after Ryanair suspended service in 2004 after a court declared that the airline had received illegal subsidies from the airport.
After the opening of the new LGV Est high-speed rail line from Paris to Strasbourg, there was a significant  reduction in plane usage, but since 2011, traffic at the airport has grown. However, by 2016 the time needed by rail between Paris and Strasbourg will be further reduced down to 1:48 as the second phase of the high-speed line will be inaugurated.
Air France ceased to operate the route between Strasbourg and Paris-Charles de Gaulle on 2 April 2013, transferring passengers onto rail services operated as tgvair.
Airlines and destinations
|Aegean Airlines||Seasonal: Athens|
operated by HOP!
operated by Flybe
|easyJet||London-Gatwick (ends 21 March 2016)|
|HOP!||Amsterdam, Bordeaux, Lille, Lyon, Marseille, Nantes, Nice, Rome-Fiumicino, Toulouse
Seasonal: Ajaccio, Calvi
operated by Air Nostrum
|Royal Air Maroc||Casablanca|
|Transavia France||Seasonal: Marrakesh|
|Volotea||Bordeaux, Marseille, Montpellier, Nantes, Nice, Toulouse
Seasonal: Ajaccio, Bastia, Biarritz, Figari, Olbia, Palermo, Venice
Accidents and incidents
- Air Inter Flight 148, a flight inbound from Lyon, France crashed while circling to land on Strasbourg's runway 05, killing 87 people.
- PDF). AIP from French Service d'information aéronautique, effective 12 Nov 2015. (
- "KEY FIGURES". strasbourg.aeroport.fr. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- "Dès avril, Air France " volera " en TGV Est". Dna.fr.
- "Lufthansa Airport Bus Strasbourg – Frankfurt". Lufthansa. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
The Lufthansa Airport Bus operates between Strasbourg and Frankfurt Airport and is available to any passenger regardless of their destination and airline.
- "easyJet Flights & Travel Info (> Book a flight)". easyJet. 10 September 2015. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- "LH1073 / DLH39T — Lufthansa". planefinder.net. Retrieved 19 October 2015.
- "TER Alsace". ter.sncf.com. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
Media related to Strasbourg International Airport at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website
- Airport information for LFST at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Current weather for LFST at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for SXB at Aviation Safety Network