Strategic Name Development
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Headquarters||Minneapolis, Minnesota; USA|
|William Lozito, President and Chief Branding Officer; Diane Prange, Senior Vice President and Chief Linguistics Officer|
Strategic Name Development is a naming company co-founded in 1992 by William Lozito and Diane Prange. The company’s work spans from naming and nomenclature systems to brand architecture and brand name research.
In 2010, Strategic Name Development created the Strategic Name Development Scholarship program.
Notable brand names created by Strategic Name Development include the Baconator, Wendy's signature sandwich. Strategic Name Development also created the new name, tagline, and logo for Carrington College (US) of DeVry, Inc. and was responsible for the development of the name Cenovus Energy for Encana. Other branding projects include resQ for Bayer, OmniPro for Samsung Group, and Ultra Plush for Georgia-Pacific.
Strategic Name Development is also the publisher of the naming and branding blog Name Wire.
- Hein, K (December 8, 2003). Research study: New brand names not making their mark. Brandweek. Vol. 44, Issue 45, p. 12.
- Hein, K (December 8, 2003). "Research Study: New Brand Names Not Making Their Mark." Brandweek. Vol. 44, Issue 45, p. 12.
- Colbin, Kaila (November 2006). "A GT by any other name". Top Gear NZ (9): 99–101.
- Cebrzynski, Gregg (May 3, 2004). "Consumer Restaurant Logo Survey Finds Simple Design is Best". Nation's Restaurant News.
- (September 28, 2010) Strategic Name Development Awards Naming Scholarship Forbes.com
- "Strategic Name Development Creates Wendy’s Baconator Brand Name". Business Wire. http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070807005097&newsLang=en
- "EnCana dubs new oil sands spinoff 'Cenovus'". Yahoo Finance. http://ca.news.finance.yahoo.com/s/30092008/6/finance-encana-dubs-new-oil-sands-spinoff-cenovus.html
- "DOTUS For the First Dog? Experts Offer First Family Tips to Chew On When Naming First Dog". Business Wire. http://eon.businesswire.com/news/eon/20090129005324/en/Barack-Obama/company-naming/labradoodle
- Name Wire. Blog. http://www.namedevelopment.com/blog/default.html