|Population||1,138 (2016 census)|
|• Density||569/km2 (1,470/sq mi)|
|Elevation||5 m (16 ft)|
|Area||2.0 km2 (0.8 sq mi)|
|Time zone||AEST (UTC+10)|
|State electorate(s)||Barron River|
Stratford is 6.8 kilometres (4.2 mi) NNW of the Cairns CBD. It is bounded to the north by the Barron River. It is bounded to the east by the Captain Cook Highway. The northern part of the suburb is situated on the lower slopes (10–40 metres above sea level) of Mount Whitfield and Lumley Hill and is used for residential housing. The southern part of the suburb is undeveloped dense bushland on the higher slopes rising to about 160 metres.
There are several restaurants, a pub, The Barron River Hotel, a service station, a newsagent, convenience store, launderette, a pizza shop, medical center, pharmacy, veterinary clinic and deli.
Stratford Library opened in 1956 and underwent a major refurbishment in 2008.
Stratford has a number of heritage-listed sites, including:
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Stratford (Qld) (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- "Stratford (entry 48881)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Stratford (SSC)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- "Queensland Globe". State of Queensland. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- "Stratford Library". Public Libraries Connect. State Library of Queensland. 2 February 2018. Retrieved 2 February 2018.
- "Public Libraries Statistical Bulletin 2016-17" (PDF). Public Libraries Connect. State Library of Queensland. November 2017. p. 12. Archived (PDF) from the original on 30 January 2018. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Stratford (Cairns City) (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 25 October 2009.
- "Explosives Magazine and Detonator Store (former) (entry 600754)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
|This Far North Queensland geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|