|League||Western Women's Hockey League|
|Home arena||Strathmore Family Center|
|Colours||Black, Purple and White|
|General manager||Samantha Holmes|
|Head coach||Tom Molloy|
The Strathmore Rockies were a professional women's ice hockey team in the Western Women's Hockey League (WWHL). The team played its home games in Strathmore Family Center Arena, in Strathmore, Alberta, Canada.
Their first season in the WWHL was in 2008-09 and its team founders were Samantha Holmes and Brigitte Lessard. The idea to start her own team stemmed from the fact that there were many elite hockey players in Calgary, but not all of them had the opportunity to play for the Calgary Oval X-Treme. Holmes and Lessard founded the Strathmore Rockies so that elite level players in Alberta would have another team to compete for. Holmes also handled the day-to-day tasks of running the Strathmore team. Part of her accomplishments included player scouting, sponsorship and marketing campaigns to operate the team. She was also captain of the Rockies and runs local skills clinics in Calgary for young women's players.
Note: GP = Games played, W = Wins, L = Losses, T = Ties, GF = Goals for, GA = Goals against, Pts = Points,
|2008-09||4th||eliminated in first round|
|2009-10||3rd||eliminated in first round|
|2010-11||4th||no participation to playoff|
- Built in 1990, the Arena has 700 seating in bleachers, with the potential for 500 more seats on the floor, in http://www.strathmorerockies.com/webpage/1002072/1000566
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-11-08. Retrieved 2010-10-03.
- John Down, Calgary Herald, CWHL expanding into Alberta this season, https://calgaryherald.com/sports/CWHL+expanding+into+Alberta+this+season/4644934/story.html
- Donna Spencer, The Canadian Press, Canadian Women's Hockey League to add Calgary team and create one league, https://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5i35FFHWQg9G8fq3V_tmton8Cxn_A?docId=6614211
- Canadian Elite Women’s Hockey Moves West with League’s Expansion to Alberta, http://www.cwhl.ca/news.asp?id=73
- Collins gem Hockey Facts and Stats 2009-10, p.553, Andrew Podnieks, Harper Collins Publishers Ltd, Toronto, Canada, ISBN 978-1-55468-621-6