|Motto||Ut omnes unum sint (That all may be one)|
|Chancellor||Msg. Javier Echevarría, Prof. John Odhiambo (Vice Chancellor), Dr. George N. Njenga (Deputy Vice Chancellor)|
|Campus||Madaraka (40 acres (162,000 m2))|
Strathmore University is a private university based in Nairobi, Kenya. Strathmore College was started in 1961, as an Advanced level sixth form College offering science and arts subjects, by a group of professionals who formed a charitable educational trust (now the Strathmore Educational Trust). Saint Josemaría Escrivá, founder of Opus Dei, inspired and encouraged them to start the College. Strathmore has a particularly successful accounting program: 60% of the CPA finalists in Kenya coming from it in the past ten years, dating back from 2007. The current Vice-Chancellor of the University is Professor John Odhiambo.
In March 1966, the first intake of 25 Accountancy students joined the sixth form students, and began preparing for the examinations of the UK-based Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA). These first Accountancy students were sponsored by Shell East Africa, British American Tobacco Kenya and the East African Breweries.
In October 1982, the College began evening courses in Accountancy after normal working hours, with 60 students sponsored by various companies.
In 1986, in response to a request by the Trustees, the government of Kenya donated 5 acres (20,000 m2) of land on Ole Sangale Road, Madaraka Estate. The European Union (EU) and the Italian government agreed to back the Madaraka Campus project. The donors wanted to support a co-educational College that would offer courses in Management and Accountancy. Kianda College, an undertaking of Kianda Foundation, which was planning new developments at the time, agreed to run their professional courses in the new Madaraka campus.
Construction of the new campus commenced in September 1989. Meanwhile, in January 1991, the Information Technology Centre was started in the Lavington, Nairobi Campus to run computer courses leading to the Institute for the Management of Information Systems (formerly Institute of Data Processing Management) Diploma and Higher Diploma. In January 1992 a Distance Learning Centre was opened to offer correspondence courses in Accountancy to students who are unable to attend lectures.
In January 1993, Strathmore College merged with Kianda College and moved to Ole Sangale Road, Madaraka Estate. In August 2002, the Commission of Higher Education awarded Strathmore a Letter of Interim Authority to operate as a University with a Faculty of Commerce and a Faculty of Information Technology.In 2008, Strathmore was awarded a charter to become a fully fledged university. It also has since established Strathmore Business School, with academic linkage to various top Business Schools, including IESE and Harvard Business School. 
Strathmore University Foundation
Strathmore University Foundation supports Strathmore University in Kenya as a US-based 501 (c) 3 registered Non-Profit organization that:
- develops academic and program alliances between Strathmore University (Kenya) and academies and institutions in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and elsewhere.
- organizes alumni worldwide in its work with the Strathmore University Alumni Association.
- cultivates material and financial resources among corporations, foundations, agencies, and individuals in support of Strathmore University's advancement.
Strathmore Alumni Relations Office
The Strathmore Alumni Relations Office is an international alumni office established in Kenya with the support of Strathmore University Foundation (Princeton, New Jersey, USA) to promote and support alumni linkages and activities world-wide. The Alumni Relations office is responsible for maintaining the links of alumni with the University. 
Faculties, Institutes and Schools
Faculties and Schools
- @iLabAfrica Research and Innovation Centre
- Institute of Mathematical Sciences
- The Strathmore Energy Research Centre (SERC)
- Centre for Research in Therapeutic Sciences (CREATES)
- Climate Innovation Centre Kenya
- Strathmore Dispute Resolution Centre (SDRC)
- Strathmore Tax Research Centre (STRC)
- Strathmore Extractives Industry Centre (SEIC)
- African Centre for Business and Human Rights (ACBHR)
- Strathmore Institute for Advanced Studies in International Criminal Justice (SIASIC)
- Centre for Applied Philosophy and Ethics (CAPE)
- Centre for Intellectual Property and Information Technology Law (CIPIT)
- The Centre for Public Policy and competiveness
- Strathmore Writing Centre
- School of Accountancy
- School of Graduate Studies
- School of Finance and Applied Economics
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Management and Commerce
- Strathmore Business School
- School of Law
- University of Navarra
- IESE Business School
- Wharton Business School
- AiTi at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology 
- James Madison Programme on Ideals & Institutions at Princeton University
- Association of Micro Finance Institutions, Swiss Contact
- World Council of Credit Unions
- "Strathmore University Foundation". strathmorefoundation.org. Retrieved 2011-10-03.
- "Strathmore University > Alumni Association". salo-kenya.org. Retrieved 2011-10-03.
- "MIT Accelerating Information Technology Innovation (AITI)". http://aiti.mit.edu. Retrieved 2011-10-03.