Straw man (disambiguation)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up straw man in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Straw man is a rhetorical technique (also classified as a logical fallacy) based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.
Straw man may also refer to:
- Straw man (dummy), a dummy made from straw
- Straw man (law), in law, a third party that acts as a "front" in a transaction
- Straw Man (comics), a Marvel Comics character
- Straw man proposal, in business and software development, a simple draft proposal intended to generate discussion
- "Strawman", a 1989 song by Lou Reed song from New York
- Straw man, a reclaimable personal account according to the redemption movement
- Strawman theory, a pseudolegal theory prevalent in various movements such as sovereign citizen, tax protestor, freeman on the land, and the redemption movement
- Straw Men (novel), a novel by Martin J. Smith
- Corn dolly, a humanoid figure woven from plant stems
- A Man of Straw, a 1958 Italian film
- The Straw Men, a 2002 novel by Michael Marshall
- Der Untertan, a novel by Heinrich Mann
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Straw man.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.