|Industry||Advertising and marketing|
|Founded||Amsterdam (1999), New York (2004), São Paulo (2007)|
Number of locations
|Scott Goodson, Co-founder and CEO.|
Karin Drakenberg, Co-founder and COO
Number of employees
StrawberryFrog is an advertising and marketing agency founded by Scott Goodson in Amsterdam in 1999 and NYC in 2005. It is the first movement marketing agency dedicated to Cultural Movement Marketing, the marketing framework conceived by Goodson.
StrawberryFrog started in Amsterdam as a small agency that competed for major accounts against larger agencies. Its first client was the two-seater "smart car" that was advertised as "a movement to reinvent the urban environment".
The company's headquarters is now in New York City. It is known for supporting purpose-driven companies, and was described by TIME Magazine as "a leader of a new breed of virtual ad makers who use the Internet to reverse the relationship between marketers and their ad agencies." While working with SunTrust Banks, they created the OnUp Movement, a campaign assisting new/current participants to achieve financial confidence. As of October 2019, they have over 5 million participants in this movement.
In 2005, retailer Old Navy picked StrawberryFrog for its back-to-school campaign; the agency won a $150 million global Heineken assignment to run in 154 countries; and it was a finalist in BMW's hunt for a new agency to handle the Mini. In 2009 the company won Procter & Gamble's global digital account for Pampers. In 2016, it produced a Super Bowl TV commercial for SunTrust Banks, and launched a campaign for European Wax Center. In 2019, they launched another campaign for LifeBridge Health called the Care Bravely Movement.
Adweek described StrawberryFrog as part of a trend toward independent agencies where "big global clients don't need big global agencies any more". This trend is reflected by the growth of non-traditional agencies in other markets such as Canadian business TAXI and SMART in Australia and has been referred to as "a revolution in the ad world".
- Howard, Theresa (10 October 2005). "StrawberryFrog hops to a different drummer". USA Today.
- "StrawberryFrog's New Revolution". Mediapost. Retrieved 16 February 2015.
- "StrawberryFrog Moves to the Empire State Building, Makes New Hires". www.adweek.com. Retrieved 2018-09-04.
- "StrawberryFrog Set to Hit Superbowl 50 with SunTrust Bank Spot". LBBOnline. 6 January 2016.
- "Ad Land Goes Cyber". TIME Magazine. 12 June 2000.
- "Q&A: Restoring financial confidence with SunTrust Bank's CMO". The Drum. Retrieved 29 April 2019.
- Wasserman, Todd (March 3, 2009). "Sabra Hummus Breaks National Campaign". Brandweek. Archived from the original on March 5, 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-05.
- "P&G Taps Strawberry Frog for Pampers Global Digital Account". AdAge. 17 September 2009.
- "A New Kind of Leadership: The Care Bravely Movement". Healthcare Business Today. 10 October 2019. Retrieved 10 October 2019.
- Leonard, Devin (2005-12-12). "Madison Ave. Lights Up". Fortune.