|Single by Green Day|
|from the album ¡Dos!|
|Released||October 15, 2012|
|Recorded||February 14–June 26, 2012 at Jingletown Studios in Oakland, California|
|Green Day singles chronology|
"Stray Heart" is a song by American punk rock band Green Day. The song was recorded by the band for their tenth studio album, ¡Dos!. It was released as the only single from the album in Europe and Australia on October 15, 2012.
Background and release
"Stray Heart" premiered on Idiot Club, Green Day's official fan club, on October 8, 2012 and premiered on Zane Lowe's BBC Radio 1 show on the same day. It was then released as the album's lead single on October 15 in the UK. On October 18, it was announced on Idiot Club that fans could go to downtown LA to appear in the music video for the song on October 19.
"Stray Heart" was also played by Foxboro Hot Tubs as both a warm up song and a practice song.
Theme and composition
The sample of their single from Dos.
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
On November 7, 2012, a music video for "Stray Heart" was released. The video starts with a man (Alex Knox) looking for records at a record store and buying some Green Day vinyl including ¡Uno!, ¡Dos! and ¡Tré!, but as he gives the records to his girlfriend (Leven Rambin), she sees a hole in his chest where his heart should be, and she slams the door on him. As the man is walking down the street, he gets strange reactions and sees trails of blood on the pavements. He follows the trail and chases the heart around the town, where he finally gets to it outside the girl's apartment, where she throws the records back at him. The video was directed by Robert Schober (aka RoboSchobo).
The artwork of "Stray Heart" features a white background with little black dots at the sides, "Green Day" and "Stray Heart" are written in black, capital, also uses the same font. "Green Day" is placed at the top, and "Stray Heart" is written below where "Green Day is written." Pink lip stain is shown at the right side, below the lips shows bones crossed in an X-form and colored in black.
|Belgium (Ultratip Flanders)||20|
|Israel (Media Forest)||8|
|Italy (Musica e dischi)||35|
|Japan (Japan Hot 100)||10|
|South Korea (Gaon Chart)||23|
|UK Rock (Official Charts Company)||16|
- "Italian single certifications – Green Day" (in Italian). Federazione Industria Musicale Italiana. Retrieved 26 August 2013. Select Online in the field Sezione. Enter Green Day in the field Filtra. The certification will load automatically
- "Green Day: New Single 'Stray Heart' Released | News @". Ultimate-guitar.com. Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- "iTunes - Music - Stray Heart - Single by Green Day". Itunes.apple.com. 2012-10-15. Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- "Green Day Album Trilogy Continues With Release Of '¡Dos!' And New Single 'Stray Heart' - Stereoboard UK". Stereoboard.com. 2012-10-10. Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- Hogan, Marc (2012-10-09). "Green Day Unveil 'Dos' Track List: Hear Britpoppy 'Stray Heart' | SPIN | Newswire". SPIN. Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- "Green Day Display 'Stray Heart' in Latest Video". Loudwire.com. 2012-09-06. Retrieved 2012-11-08.
- "Green Day, 'Stray Heart' – New Video". diffuser.fm. 2012-11-07. Retrieved 2013-04-26..
- Jon Dolan (2012-10-28). "Stray Heart | Song Reviews". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2012-11-01.
- "2012-11-18 Green Day Ultratip Discography". Ultratop. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Green Day – Stray Heart Media Forest". Israeli Airplay Chart. Media Forest.
- "Musica&Dischi Italian Singles Chart Top 50" (in Italian). Musica & Dischi. January 30, 2013. Archived from the original on 2013-02-03. Retrieved 2013-02-03.
- "Green Day – Chart history" Japan Hot 100 for Green Day.
- "South Korea Gaon International Chart (Week: October 28, 2012 to November 3, 2012)". Gaon Chart.
- "2012-11-24 Top 40 Rock & Metal Singles Archive". Official Charts. Retrieved 2012-11-20.