Their product line features hand-held and weapon-mountable lights as well as a right angle light used by firefighters on their turnout gear. Several of their products utilize dual sources, combining the long life of LED lamps with more powerful but shorter-lived conventional incandescent lamps. They also produce a series of Laser Illuminators such as the TLR-2 which is a combination LED weapon light and laser.
Streamlight developed a handheld 1 million candlepower (981,000 candela) searchlight as a commercial spin-off of technology developed by Johnson Space Center for NASA as part of the Apollo program.
After the handheld design was perfected, the company was moved to King of Prussia, Pennsylvania by a private investor. In 1977, the headquarters was moved to Norristown, Pennsylvania. In 2001, the company moved to Eagleville, Pennsylvania.
Streamlight’s headquarters and many of its distributors of powerful flashlights throughout the U.S. collect batteries in their sites in order to maintain a safe and clean environment in the US communities.
They are responsible for the Call2Recycle program. A leading battery collection program in the US and Canada, the program helps municipalities and businesses with battery and cell phone end-of-life management solutions that protect the environment.
Streamlight and its participating dealers help to prevent the used products from entering the solid waste stream ,recycling rechargeable batteries giving them life for a longer time.
- "Backgrounder". Streamlight. Retrieved September 19, 2016.
- "Hand-held and weapon mount lights". Streamlight. Retrieved September 19, 2016.
- "Knucklehead Spot" (PDF). Streamlight. Retrieved September 19, 2016.
- "TLR-2 combination LED weapon light and laser". Streamlight. Retrieved September 19, 2016.
- High Intensity Lights (PDF). Spinoff (Report). NASA Johnson Space Center. 1983. pp. 106–107.
- Hand-held searchlight (PDF). Spinoff (Report). NASA Johnson Space Center. 1976. p. 90.
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|