|Industry||Art Outsourcing, Software & Programming, Game Development|
|Founded||Hilversum, Netherlands (2001)|
|Headquarters||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Alexander L. Fernandez, Stefan Baier, Renier Banninga, Dan Flower, Jeroen Leurs|
|Products||HoopWorld, Axon Runners, Streamframe|
Number of employees
Streamline Studios is a video game development and art outsourcing company. The studio has been employed by major game publishers, film studios, and brands, including Square Enix's Final Fantasy XV, Capcom's Street Fighter V, Take 2's Bioshock Infinite, James Cameron's Avatar, and Coca-Cola.
Streamline Studios has been utilizing their own project management software, Streamframe in most of their productions.
Streamline Studios was founded in 2001 in Hilversum, Netherlands. The original founder consists of friends, Alexander Fernandez, Stefan Baier, Renier Banninga and Adrian Banninga whose main interest was gaming. Stefan Baier, Adrian Banninga and Renier Banninga met during their stint at Rewolf Software, working on the Half-Life 1 mod called Gunman Chronicles. After Rewolf Software dissolved, Baier and the Banninga brothers moved to the Netherlands, where they formed the company with Alexander Fernandez. The studio was later joined by Hector Fernandez and Dan Flower. In 2005 the company moved to Amsterdam where they operated for a few years.
In 2009, Streamline closed the Amsterdam production facility.
In June 2010, Alexander and Hector Fernandez announced Streamline Production, a company aimed at managing the process of producing video games by overseeing a company's relationship with external outsourcers.
In August 2010, the WiiWare game HoopWorld was released, developed together with Virtual Toys.
In December 2010, Streamline Studios opened its new production office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, where it currently runs operations.
Streamline Studios offers three lines of businesses; premium art outsourcing, Streamframe, an in-house project management tool, and game development.
Streamline Studios has offices in Las Vegas, Tokyo, and Kuala Lumpur.
HoopWorld is Streamline Studios first IP and was released in July 2010 on WiiWare in North and South America. In August that year the game was also released in Europe, Australia and New Zealand under the title, HoopWorld BasketBrawl.
In 2012, Axon Runners was developed in partnership with Streamline Studios and the Coca-Cola Content Factory for the iOS.
In 2015, Streamline Studios, under Streamline Media Group announces the release of their proprietary workflow pipeline software, Streamframe.
- "Is traditional game outsourcing on its death bed?". venturebeat.com. 20 November 2016. Retrieved 18 August 2017.
- Barder, Ollie. "'Final Fantasy XV' Gets Assistance From Streamline Studios". forbes.com. Retrieved 18 August 2017.
- "Streamline Studios and Capcom partner on Street Fighter V development". develop-online.net. Retrieved 18 August 2017.
- "Alexander Fernandez at NG15 • Nordic Game Community". nordicgame.com. 12 May 2015. Retrieved 18 August 2017.
- "Streamline's Hector Fernandez". gamesindustry.biz. Retrieved 18 August 2017.
- "Streamline closes Amsterdam production facility". gamesindustry.biz. Retrieved 18 August 2017.
- "Streamline Studios opens Malaysian office". gamesindustry.biz. Retrieved 18 August 2017.
- "Streamline Studios Malaysia". gamesindustry.biz. Retrieved 18 August 2017.
- "Streamline Studios Delivers Premium Development Services To Final Fantasy XV - Streamline Studios". streamline-studios.com. Retrieved 18 August 2017.
- "Local studio behind Street Fighter V - Tech News - The Star Online". www.thestar.com.my. Retrieved 18 August 2017.
- "Capcom Joins Forces with Streamline Studios for Creation of ‘Street Fighter V’ – Capsule Computers". www.capsulecomputers.com.au. Retrieved 18 August 2017.
- "Streamline Studios: A videogame industry success story". Digital News Asia. 28 September 2016. Retrieved 18 August 2017.
- Staff, I. G. N. (13 July 2010). "HoopWorld Coming on July 19th to WiiWare". ign.com. Retrieved 18 August 2017.
- Davis, Justin (30 May 2012). "Axon Runners: The Best Branded Game Since Cool Spot?". ign.com. Retrieved 18 August 2017.
- Group, Streamline Media. "Streamline Media Group Launches 'Streamframe', a Proprietary Workflow Pipeline Software for Today's Modern, Remote Office". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 18 August 2017.
|This European video game corporation or company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|