This article has an unclear citation style. Learn how and when to remove this template message)(February 2012) (
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A screenshot of Streamtuner stream directory browser on Kubuntu 5.10.KDE, showing the main window and shoutcast playlist.
0.99.99 / December 21, 2004
|License||revised BSD license|
Streamtuner is a streaming media directory browser. Through the use of a C/Python plugin system, it offers a GTK+ 2.0 interface to Internet radio directories. Streamtuner does not actually play any files, it downloads a list of online radio streams and then tells the unix player (user's option) to play the selected stream. Streamtuner offers hundreds of thousands of music resources in a more common interface.
There is also a version for the Nokia 770 Internet tablet.
Features of Streamtuner
- Browse the SHOUTcast Yellow Pages
- Browse the Live365 directory
- Browse the Xiph.org (aka icecast.org, aka Oddsock) directory
- Browse the basic.ch DJ mixes
- Manage your local music collection, with full support for ID3 and Vorbis metadata editing
- Listen to streams (through unix player), browse their web page, or record them using programs such as Streamripper
- Implement new directory handlers as tiny Python scripts or as dynamically loadable modules written in C
- Retain your favourite streams by bookmarking them
- Manually add streams to your collection
Streamtuner in the press
- UnixReview.com: Marcel's Linux App of the Month: Streamtuner (July 2005)
- Tux Magazine: Streamtuner (July 2005)
- Schumann, Jorg; Schnober, Carsten (June 2004), Streamtuner (PDF), Linux Magazine, pp. 84–85, retrieved 26 February 2012
- Orange Crate: Audiophiles' Solution For Net Radio (April 2004)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Streamtuner.|