|Awarded for||Achievement in web television production|
|Presented by||International Academy of Web Television|
The Streamy Awards, popularly known as the Streamys, are presented annually by Dick Clark Productions and Tubefilter to recognize and honor excellence in online video, including directing, acting, producing, and writing. The formal ceremony at which the awards are presented takes place in Los Angeles, California. They are the first ever envelope-opening live streamed award show.
The winners of awards in over 30 categories, including the Audience Choice and Visionary Award, were announced for the first time on March 28, 2009 at the 1st Annual Streamy Awards. Winners of the 1st Annual Streamy Awards included individual recipients (Best Male and Female Actor), and web series themselves. Each year, certain awards are presented before the main ceremony at the Streamys Craft Awards.
The 2nd Annual Streamy Awards were hosted by actor/comedian Paul Scheer and streamed live online from the Orpheum Theatre (Los Angeles, California) on April 11, 2010. The production experienced technical problems as well as interruptions due to people streaking the stage and interrupting the presenters. This show incorporated an online live internet streaming broadcast.
Due to poor reception and execution from the 2010 Streamy Awards, the IAWTV decided to halt its production of the award ceremony. The IAWTV followed this decision by forming their own award presentation. Tubefilter later joined Dick Clark productions to produce the 3rd Streamy Awards.
- Best Drama Web Series
- Best Comedy Web Series
- Best Hosted Web Series
- Best News or Politics Web Series
- Best Reality or Documentary Web Series
- Best New Web Series
- Best Companion Web Series
- Best Animated Web Series
- Best Branded Entertainment Web Series
- Best Experimental Web Series
- Best Foreign Web Series
- Audience Choice
- Best Directing for a Comedy Web Series
- Best Directing for a Dramatic Web Series
- Best Writing for a Comedy Web Series
- Best Writing for a Dramatic Web Series
- Best Male Actor in a Comedy Web Series
- Best Female Actor in a Comedy Web Series
- Best Male Actor in a Dramatic Web Series
- Best Female Actor in a Dramatic Web Series
- Best Ensemble Cast in a Web Series
- Best Guest Star in a Web Series
- Best Web Series Host
- Best Vlogger
- Technical and Craft
- Best Editing in a Web Series
- Best Cinematography in a Web Series
- Best Art Direction in a Web Series
- Best Sound Design in a Web Series
- Best Visual Effects in a Web Series
- Best Animation in a Web Series
- Best Live Production in a Web Series
- Best Original Music for a Web Series
- Best Interactive Experience in a Web Series
- Best Product Integration in a Web Series
- Best Mobile Experience in a Web Series
Awards that have been retired. Year denotes last year granted.
- Best Artistic Concept in a Web Series (2009)
- Best Ad Integration in a Web Series (2009)
Special awards granted by the IAWTV are voted on by special committees, rather than by the membership as a whole.
Current special categories
List of annual shows
|This section requires expansion. (February 2013)|
At the 2013 Streamys, it was announced that Vanilla Ice and Shontelle would perform. YouTube stars Chester See, DeStorm Power, and Peter Shukoff and Lloyd Ahlquist of Epic Rap Battles of History also performed.
2010 reception controversy
The 2010 awards presentation was poorly received by audience members, viewers, and sponsors. Most complaints were in regards to technical problems and lewd jokes. At one point, two streakers rushed the stage. During the presentation, Shay Carl Butler of SHAYTARDS and "HiimRawn" interrupted Chris Hardwick and Lisa Donovan. This caused the International Academy of Web Television to depart from the presentation of the award show, resulting in a two-year hiatus of the Streamys and the formation of the IAWTV Awards.
- "The Streamy Awards will recognize the best online T". Los Angeles Times. December 19, 2008.
- Wetherbe, Jamie (March 2009). "Get Streamy" (PDF). Geek Monthly.
- "Winners Circle". tubefilter. Retrieved May 23, 2010.
- "Watch Out, Emmys, Here Come the Streamys". The Wrap. March 15, 2009. Retrieved September 18, 2009.
- "The Streamy Awards: Three cheers for online TV!". Entertainment Weekly. March 30, 2009. Retrieved September 18, 2009.
- "Where to Watch the Streamy Awards Online". NewTeeVee. April 10, 2010. Retrieved May 23, 2010.
- "Tune in to Watch the Streamy Awards Live". mashable. April 9, 2010. Retrieved May 23, 2010.
- Heffernan, Virginia (March 31, 2009). "California Streamin’: A Night for Web Serials". New York Times. Retrieved September 18, 2009.
- "Web TV's Streamy Awards: Next Year It Could Be You Up There". LA Weekly. March 30, 2009. Retrieved September 18, 2009.
- Aymar Jean Christian (December 17, 2012). "On Giving the Streamys (and the IAWTV) a Chance". Televisual. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- Alex Ben Block (August 5, 2011). "Dick Clark Productions Joins Tubefilter to Produce Streamy Awards". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- Brian Anthony Hernandez (February 3, 2013). "Streamy Awards to Feature Vanilla Ice, Shontelle and YouTube Stars". Mashable. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- Joshua Cohen (January 28, 2013). "Vanilla Ice, Shontelle To Perform With Top YouTubers at Streamy Awards". Tubefilter. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- Liz Shannon Miller (April 12, 2010). "The Streamy Awards: A Producer’s Apology And Its Three Fails". GigaOM. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- Samuel Axon (April 12, 2010). "Streamy Awards 2010: Here Are the Winners". Mashable. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- Kevin Beaumont (April 12, 2010). "2nd Streamy awards descend into farce". End of Show. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- Megan O'Neill (April 12, 2010). "How To Make Internet Video Look Bad: #streamyfail 2010". Social Times. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- Jace Hall (April 12, 2010). "The 2010 Streamys Award Show Disaster". Jace Hall Show. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- iJustine (April 12, 2010). "2010 Streamy Awards". iJustine.com. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Streamy Awards.|