Streatham South (ward)
Streatham South ward is an administrative division of the London Borough of Lambeth, United Kingdom. It is the most southerly ward of the borough and has borders with Croydon, Merton, and Wandsworth. The ward includes the neighbourhoods of:
- Streatham Vale (south-west of Streatham Common railway station);
- Lower Streatham (west of Streatham High Road and south of Greyhound Lane);
- Streatham Lodge Estate conservation area (east of Streatham High Road and south of the Streatham Common open space).
Streatham South ward is located in the Streatham constituency of the UK House of Commons, the Lambeth and Southwark constituency of the London Assembly, and the London constituency of the European Parliament.
Lambeth Council elections
At the Lambeth Council elections, 2010 residents of Streatham South ward elected three Labour Party Councillors: Mark Bennett, David Malley, and John Kazantzis. Turnout was 59%. Bennett became Mayor of Lambeth in March 2013, but died in February 2014, his seat remaining vacant. All three seats are up for election at the next Lambeth Council elections, on 22 May 2014, the same day as other United Kingdom local elections and the European Parliament elections in the United Kingdom.
- De Peyer, Robin. "Tributes flood in for Lambeth Mayor Mark Bennett, who has died suddenly aged 44". London Evening Standard. 5 February 2014. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- "Councillors by Ward". Lambeth Council. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- Lambeth Borough Council profile for the ward
- Streatham South election results on Lambeth website
- Statement of persons nominated for the 2014 election of Councillors for Streatham South
|This London location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|