Street Survivors: The True Story of the Lynyrd Skynyrd Plane Crash
|Street Survivors: The True Story of the Lynyrd Skynyrd Plane Crash|
|Directed by||Jared Cohn|
|Screenplay by||Jared Cohn|
|Story by||Artimus Pyle|
Samuel Kay Forrest
Rich Dally III
Anthony Rocco Bovo
Street Survivors: The True Story of the Lynyrd Skynyrd Plane Crash is a 2020 American musical survival drama film directed by Jared Cohn and written by Cohn and Brian Perera. The film stars Ian Shultis, Taylor Clift, Samuel Kay Forrest, Rich Dally III, Neill Byrnes, Anthony Rocco Bovo and Mark Dippolito.
- Ian Shultis as Artimus Pyle
- Taylor Clift as Ronnie Van Zant
- Samuel Kay Forrest as Steve Gaines
- Rich Dally III as Allen Collins
- Sierra Intoccio as Leslie Hawkins
- Lelia Symington as Cassie Gaines
- Chris Peritore as Ed King
- Neill Byrnes as Steven Tyler
- Kelly Lynn Reiter as Margie
- Anthony Rocco Bovo as Joe Perry
- Keith Sutliff as Everett Farley
- Hudson Long as Billy Powell
- Nick Cairo as Leon Wilkeson
- David Roy Banks
- Sean McNabb
- Collin Lee Ellis as Kevin Elson
- Mark Dippolito as Ron Eckerman
- Anthony Jensen as Agent Wallace
- Alyssa Talbot as Nurse
- Marley Uribe as Emma the groupie
- Bill Devlin as Hotel Manager
- Julie Zimmer as JoJo Billingsley
- Jor-el Vaasborg as Hospital Worker
SPFX Kevin Watson SPFX Nick Plantico
On June 23, 2016, it was reported that Cleopatra Entertainment was producing a biopic about the rock band, Lynyrd Skynyrd, whose plane crashed on October 20, 1977, killing three band members Ronnie Van Zant (Lead Vocals), Steve Gaines (Guitar), and Cassie Gaines (Backup Vocals), Dean Kilpatrick (assistant road manager) and the two pilots, while the tour plane ran out of fuel over Mississippi. Jared Cohn was to direct the film from his own and Brian Perera's script, based on the original story about the plane crash written by one of the band members, Artimus Pyle. On April 4, 2017, lead cast was announced, including Ian Shultis as Pyle, Taylor Clift as Ronnie Van Zant, Samuel Kay Forrest as Steve Gaines, Rich Dally III as Allen Collins, and Sean McNabb. On April 23, Neill Byrnes and Anthony Rocco Bovo were cast in the film to play Steven Tyler, and Joe Perry, respectively, while the other cast included Keith Sutliff, Hudson Long as Billy Powell, and Nick Cairo as Leon Wilkeson.
On August 28, 2017, a United States District Court judge issued a court injunction, blocking production of the film. On October 10, 2018, a second United States Circuit Court of Appeals in Manhattan overturned the previous injunction against Street Survivors.
- "HRIFF 2020 Program Guide". hollywoodreelindependentfilmfestival.com. Retrieved 3 July 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Jr, Mike Fleming (June 23, 2016). "Lynyrd Skynyrd Pic Set By Cleopatra Films With Drummer & Plane Crash Survivor Artimus Pyle". Deadline. Retrieved April 24, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Hipes, Patrick (April 4, 2017). "Lynyrd Skynyrd Biopic 'Street Survivors' Ready To Rock". Deadline. Retrieved April 24, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- McNary, Dave (April 23, 2017). "Lynyrd Skynyrd Biopic Adds Steven Tyler, Joe Perry Roles (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved April 24, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Eriq Gardner (28 August 2017). "Lynyrd Skynyrd Movie Is Banned by Judge". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 20 September 2019.
- Ryan Reed (10 October 2018). "Lynyrd Skynyrd: Court Rules That 'Plane Crash' Film Can Be Released". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 20 September 2019.