This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Streetbank is a UK-based network that helps users share equipment and skills with their neighbours. It was launched in 2010 by Sam Stephens and Ryan Davies.
Accounts are free to set up. Once the account is set up the user will receive emails from other users living nearby. Users can offer items for free or to lend, or offer skills. Members can also make requests and provide information ("notices"). User can choose the size of their "neighbourhood" and can opt to receive messages from other users living within one, five or ten miles.
The Streetbank was founded in 2010, as a not for profit organization. Founder Sam Stephens says he got the idea when he saw a neighbour using a pair of hedge cutters and realised he needed to borrow some.
In October 2013, Streetbank 2.0 was launched.
In 2014, Streetbank merged with Freeconomy, a similar organisation set up by "Mark Boyle (the moneyless man)". Mark continued as part of the Streetbank leadership team.
- Aljazeera "Local Hero: Sam Stephens ... founded Streetbank website with Ryan Davies in 2010, a "people's bank" for more sustainable existence".
- The Huffington Post "Putting the 'Social' Back into Social Networks..."
- Daily Candy "Borrow from, Lend to and Share with Your Neighbours"
- London Evening Standard "Local website for neighbours who like to give and share"
- The Big Issue "Streetbank shows that everyone can have good neighbours"
- The Guardian "Students: where to find free stuff"
- "Local Hero: Sam Stephens".
- "Students: where to find free stuff".
- "Introducing Streetbank: a new tool for rethinking resources".
- "Streetbank - Nesta".
- "50 top websites you can't live without".
- "Streetbank: The Neighbours Social Network Website".
- "Innovation in Giving Fund makes further awards to boost social action".
- "Streetbank civic exchange".
- "The launch of Streetbank 2.0".
- "Streetbank - The one-stop shop for neighbourhood sharing is here!". Streetbank.com.