Location of Streetman, Texas
|• Total||0.5 sq mi (1.3 km2)|
|• Land||0.5 sq mi (1.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||371 ft (113 m)|
|• Density||421.6/sq mi (162.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1347998|
Streetman is located at  Streetman is on U.S. Highway 75 and the Freestone-Navarro county line thirteen miles north of Fairfield. The majority of the town is in Freestone County; about one-third is in Navarro County.(31.876973, -96.324452).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.5 square miles (1.3 km²), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 203 people, 102 households, and 55 families residing in the town. The population density was 421.6 people per square mile (163.3/km²). There were 128 housing units at an average density of 265.8 per square mile (103.0/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 83.74% White, 14.78% African American, 0.99% from other races, and 0.49% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.43% of the population.
There were 102 households out of which 17.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 42.2% were married couples living together, 8.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 45.1% were non-families. 40.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 22.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 1.99 and the average family size was 2.59.
In the town the population was spread out with 15.8% under the age of 18, 5.4% from 18 to 24, 26.1% from 25 to 44, 27.1% from 45 to 64, and 25.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 47 years. For every 100 females there were 93.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 85.9 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $19,531, and the median income for a family was $33,750. Males had a median income of $31,667 versus $20,313 for females. The per capita income for the town was $13,599. About 5.0% of families and 9.7% of the population were below the poverty line, including none of those under the age of eighteen and 19.6% of those sixty five or over.
The Town of Streetman is served by the Fairfield Independent School District.
- Arbella Ewing, who was at the time of her death 1) the third-oldest living person, 2) the second-oldest living American, 3) the second longest-lived resident of Texas, and 4) the oldest living African American.
- Firpo Marberry, famous Major League Baseball pitcher in the 1920s and 1930s.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015". Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.