Streit Group Spartan APC
The Streit Group Spartan-APC is a multi-functional LAV (Light Armored Vehicle) designed and built by the Streit Group's Canadian Manufacturing Facility in Innisfil, Ontario, Canada and KrAZ (Kremenchuk Automobile Plant) in Kremenchuk, Ukraine.
Spartan-APC Built in Ontario, Canada
|Type||Light Armored Vehicle|
|Place of origin||Canada, Ukraine|
|Wars||War in Donbass
Iraqi Civil War (2014–present)
|Optional Gunners Turret|
|Engine||Ford 6.7L Scorpion V8 turbo diesel
400 h.p @ 2,800RPM
|Payload capacity||1,100 kg|
|Transmission||4 x 4 On the Fly|
|Fuel capacity||250 Litres|
|Speed||110 km/h (68 mph)|
The Spartan-APC's cross dimensional characteristics allow it to be used in a wide variety of applications which include military, police, and tactical missions across the globe. The Streit Spartan-APC has been designed and built not only to withstand ballistic assaults but to protect the occupants against mine and grenade blast scenarios.
- National Guard of Ukraine - In early August 2014, the Ministry of Interior of Ukraine ordered 21 KrAZ Spartan LAVs for the needs of the National Guard of Ukraine. After the military parade dedicated to the Independence Day of Ukraine (August 24, 2014) they were sent to the zone of combats in Eastern Ukraine.
- Armed Forces of Ukraine - 30 KrAZ Spartan LAVs were given to Ukrainian Ground Forces in 2014
- Tunisian National Guard
- Tunisian Police
- "Spartan APC (Streit)" (PDF). ArmoredCars. Retrieved 21 May 2013.
- "Armored Spartan APC in Nigeria". Globial. Archived from the original on July 21, 2015. Retrieved 21 May 2013.
- "The National Guard of Ukraine will receive 21 KrAZ Spartan LAVs".
- Біла книга 2014: Збройні сили України. «Міністерство оборони України», 2015. стр.77
|This military vehicle article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|