Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers
|Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers|
The poster for Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers.
|Date||November 7, 2009|
|City||Hoffman Estates, Illinois, United States|
Strikeforce/M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Rogers was a mixed martial arts event held on November 7, 2009 promoted by Strikeforce in association with M-1 Global. It was the first MMA event on network television since the now-defunct EliteXC promotion broadcast its final event, EliteXC: Heat, on CBS on October 4, 2008. The event had a four-fight main card with a broadcasting team of Gus Johnson, Frank Shamrock and Mauro Ranallo. The event drew an estimated 4,040,000 viewers, with a peak at 5,460,000 on CBS.
A women's bout between Marloes Coenen and Erin Toughill was set to serve as a reserve fight, but was cancelled when Toughill withdrew due to an undisclosed medical condition. Roxanne Modafferi stepped in to fight Coenen on this show.
|Heavyweight||Fedor Emelianenko||def.||Brett Rogers||TKO (punches)||2||1:48|
|Middleweight||Jake Shields||def.||Jason Miller||Decision (unanimous) (48–47, 49–46, 49–46)||5||5:00||[a]|
|Light Heavyweight||Gegard Mousasi||def.||Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou||TKO (punches)||2||3:43|
|Heavyweight||Fabrício Werdum||def.||Antônio Silva||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Women's Featherweight||Marloes Coenen||def.||Roxanne Modafferi||Submission (armbar)||1||1:05|
|Catchweight (150 lb)||Jeff Curran||def.||Dustin Neace||Verbal submission (rib injury)||1||1:39|
|Middleweight||Nate Moore||def.||Louis Taylor||Submission (punches)||2||3:24|
|Middleweight||Shamar Bailey||def.||John Kolosci||Decision (unanimous) (29–27, 29–27, 29–27)||3||5:00||[b]|
|Welterweight||Christian Uflacker||def.||Jonatas Novaes||Decision (unanimous) (30–25, 30–25, 29–26)||3||5:00||[c]|
- For the Middleweight Championship.
- Bailey was docked one point in round two for holding the shorts of Kolosci.
- Novaes was docked two points in round three for two illegal kicks to the head of a downed opponent.
- Strikeforce (mixed martial arts)
- List of Strikeforce champions
- List of Strikeforce events
- 2009 in Strikeforce
In terms of ratings, the show averaged 3.79 million viewers for the allotted 9-11pm running time. The main event, which took place after 11pm, peaked at 5.46 million viewers. Overall, the two-hour-plus broadcast averaged 4.04 million viewers and a 2.5 household rating.
- Morgan, John. ""Strikeforce / M-1 Global – Fedor vs. Rogers" on Nov. 7 set for Sears Centre outside of Chicago". MMAjunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2009-09-22. Retrieved 2009-09-18.
- Morgan, John (September 17, 2009). "Strikeforce announces CBS deal, Emelianenko vs. Cherry airs Nov. 7 on network TV". MMAJunkie.com. Retrieved September 17, 2009.
- "Gegard Mousasi vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou completes Strikeforce's Nov. 7 CBS lineup". MMAJunkie. 2009-10-09. Archived from the original on 2009-10-12. Retrieved 2009-10-09.
- "Erin Toughill vs. Marloes Coenen to serve as Nov. 7 Strikeforce-CBS "backup" fight". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2009-10-09.
- "Erin Toughill Out Of Fight With Marloes Coenen". MMARising.com. Retrieved October 28, 2009.
- "Roxanne Modafferi replaces Toughill in Strikeforce". MMAWeekly.com. 2009-10-29. Archived from the original on 2009-11-01. Retrieved 2009-10-29.
- "'Fedor vs. Rogers' Results and Live Play-by-Play". sherdog.com. 2009-11-07. Retrieved 2009-11-08.
- "Strikeforce's Fedor Emelianenko vs. Brett Rogers event peaks with 5.46 million viewers". MMAjunkie.com. 2009-11-10. Retrieved 2009-11-10.