Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up strobe in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Strobe usually refers to a strobe light, which flashes light in regular intervals.
Strobe or STROBE may also refer to:
- Flash (photography)
- Strobe tuner, a type of very accurate tuning device used to tune musical instruments and audio devices
- Infrared Strobe, a device used to identify friendly soldiers, and or to mark enemy targets
- Strengthening the reporting of observational studies in epidemiology
- Strobe (Electronics), an auxiliary signal used to help synchronize the real data in an electrical bus when the bus components have no common clock. It can also indicate the start/end of a block of data. The strobe can be encoded with a different potential or time-length in the physical data wire. Sometimes the strobe can use a dedicated physical wire in the bus (example, the strobe pin in the parallel bus).
- strobe.c, The first freely distributed TCP 'half-open' portscanner, written by Julian Assange in 1995 in the C programming language.
- Strobe Media Playback (SMP), a media player by Adobe Systems based on their Open Source Media Framework (OSMF)
- Strobe, an album by Side Walk Slam under the name Rob Walker
- "Strobe" (instrumental), a 2009 instrumental by deadmau5 from For Lack of a Better Name
- Strobe Talbott, former US Deputy Secretary of State
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Strobe.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.