|Local authority||Somerset County Council|
|DfE URN||130806 Tables|
The college provides education for students aged 16 and over, after they leave secondary school. Most of the college's daytime work is with full-time students, mainly aged 16–19, with 80% of these studying A Levels. The college also offers BTEC vocational qualifications, NVQs in Hair and Beauty, apprenticeships, a wide range of courses for adults, and higher education courses including Foundation Degrees and HNDs. The college also works with employers and the County and District Councils to deliver workforce development activities, including training for companies and re-training for unemployed people.
In September 2012 the college enrolled 1,600 full-time students aged 16–18. In addition, the college works with over 2,000 adult students each year and, in partnership with local schools, 100 14- to 16-year-olds. The college recruits students from its partner schools in the local area, from a wide range of other state and independent schools and from local communities.
In 2015 the A Level pass rate was 99.6%, with 57% of passes at grade A* to B and 82% at A* to C. The pass rate for BTEC Extended Diplomas was 99% with 81% achieving high grades and 53% achieving Triple Distinctions or better, the equivalent to three grade As at A Level.
In 2012 Advanced Level Performance systems (Alps) rated Strode College in the top 5% of 1,200 schools and colleges nationally for adding value to students by helping them achieve higher grades in A Levels and advanced level BTEC courses than they were predicted following their GCSE grades.
College facilities have had over £20m capital investment since 2003. The most recent project completed in August 2011 was to extend the college sports hall to provide a specialist dance and exercise studio. Strode Theatre is on the college campus and provides rehearsal and drama space for students from the college.
- "Introduction to Strode College" (PDF). Strode College. Retrieved 8 January 2013.
- "Higher Education". Strode College. Retrieved 8 January 2013.
- "Strode College Adult Learning Inspection". Ofsted. Retrieved 22 November 2015.
- "Strode College Ofsted Inspection Reports" (PDF). Ofsted. Retrieved 25 November 2014.
- "Strode College in Street judges outstanding by Ofsted". Central Somerset Gazette. Retrieved 25 November 2014.
- "Strode College A-Level results: Record-breaking year for students". Western Daily Press. 16 August 2012. Retrieved 22 November 2015.
- "Strode Theatre". Strode College. Retrieved 4 July 2010.