|Prince (archon) of Serbs / Serbia|
|Prince of Serbia (co-ruler)|
|Died||between 880 and 896|
Strojimir (Greek: Στροἠμιρ, Στροἠμηρος, Serbian: Стројимир) was the co-ruler of the Serbian Principality alongside his two brothers Mutimir and Gojnik, from ca 851 to his and Gojnik's deposition in the 880s after an unsuccessful coup against the eldest Prince Mutimir (r. 851-891).
He was a younger son of Vlastimir, who ruled in c. 836–851. Strojimir, together with his brothers Gojnik and Mutimir, defeated the Bulgar Army sent by Boris I, led by his son Vladimir, who, together with 12 boyars was captured by the Serb Army. Peace was subsequently agreed and the two sons of Mutimir; Pribislav and Stefan Mutimirović escorted prisoners towards the border at Rasa. There Boris gave them rich gifts and was given 2 slaves, 2 falcons, two dogs, and 80 furs by Mutimir.
After power struggle between the younger brothers and Mutimir, he and Gojnik was captured and sent as prisoners to Bulgar Khan Boris I in 855–856, as a token of peace-agreement, they both lost their titles as Princes of Serbia and were held at Pliska, the Bulgarian capital. Strojimir was treated well by the Bulgarians, Khan Boris himself chose the wife of Klonimir, the son of Strojimir.
On July 11, 2006, the Serbian government bought a Byzantine-styled seal in solid gold weighing 15,64 g, most likely belonging to Strojimir (Klonimir's father), at an auction in Munich. It was presumably crafted outside Byzantium, and has a Greek inscription (KE BOIΘ CTPOHMIP, "God Help Strojimir") and a patriarchal cross in the centre. It most likely dates to the second half of the 9th century, between 855/56 and 896, when Klonimir tried to take the Serbian throne.
StrojimirBorn: 830s Died: 880-896
|Prince of Serbia
Served alongside: Mutimir and Gojnik
as sole ruler of Serbia
- Constantine VII Porphyrogenitus (1967). Moravcsik, Gyula, ed. De Administrando Imperio (4 ed.). Washington D.C.: Dumbarton Oaks Center for Byzantine Studies. ISBN 978-0-88402-021-9. (Primary)
- Fine, John Van Antwerp, Jr. (1991). The Early Medieval Balkans: A Critical Survey from the Sixth to the Late Twelfth Century. Michigan: The University of Michigan Press. ISBN 0-472-08149-7.
- Živković, Tibor (2007). "The Golden Seal of Stroimir". Historical Review. Belgrade. LV: 23–29.
- Živković, Tibor (2006). Portreti Srpskih Vladara (IX—XII Vek) (in Serbian). Belgrade. ISBN 86-17-13754-1.
- Petrović, R. (2007). "Zlatni pečatni privezak kneževića Strojimira". Naučni projekt Filozofskog fakulteta u K. Mitrovici. 1.
- Ferjančić, B. (1997). "Василије I и обнова византијске власти у IX веку". Zbornik radova Vizantološkog instituta (36): 9–30.
- http://arhiva.glas-javnosti.rs/arhiva/2006/07/27/srpski/T06072602.shtml. Missing or empty